Bruggen Beer run

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by pie-sandwich, Dec 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello lads

I know this is my first post over here on Arrse but I thought I would jump straight in with a request for some advice.

I ve come over from E-Goat to see if I can get some help from any of you guys who are based over in Bruggen.

Another mod and myself from E-Goat are planning a xmas party for the mods and family. Since there are a fair few of us who have spent time in Germany, Bruggen and Laarbruch we thought a road trip over to the Fatherland to pick up some of Germany's finest beer would be the order of the day.

I wanted to know what the prices are of Warsteiner, Bitburger and Dortmunder are and also Apfel Korn. Would it be cheaper going to the NAAFI or is there a local super market that is a good place to shop.

Also my friend who will be coming with me will be able to stay in the Sgt's mess but me being ex-RAF might have a problem, would I be able to stay in there too if not does anyone know of a good cheap B&B near by, we are planning to travel next wednesday

Any help and advice would be great.

Cheers, also if anyone can help out while we are there I would be more than happy to get the beers in.
  2. You might want to post this in the Sigs forum mate, there are a few from Bruggen on there.

IIRC, Wobbly isnt that cheap in the NAAFI, round about 18 euros a crate.

Also, access to the NAAFI isn't as easy as it used to be, you need a ration card to buy anything. Staying in the Mess isnt a drama, if you need the number for the manager I have it,

Hope this helps,

3. Cheers buddy.

Would you PM me the Number, Civvy number if possible.

To be honest I figured this being a community forum it would be open to one and all rather than just Trade/Regt orientated.
    From my last job in Civvy St at Rotary Wing Support Group at Middle Wallop, I know there are a couple of Regts there and AAC there, I didn't know the Sigs were though.
  4. I can get it to you tomorrow if thats okay pie.

Bruggen consists of 2 Sigs Regts (7 & 16) and 628 Sig Tp.

There are 4 gazelles there which make up 12 Flt AAC, and elements of 921 EOD, so I think you might get a better, more infomative response in the Sigs forum. (Just MHO of course).
  5. Ok cheers mucka

Would a MOD be kind enough to move this for me to a more appropriate forum.