Bruce Ruxton

Agree with Nige, google the "Ruxton Rap" for those that don't remember. Ruxton was a self interested twat, dead or alive.

Slop jockey private bordering on the retarded.

Agree with Nige, google the "Ruxton Rap" for those that don't remember. Ruxton was a self interested twat, dead or alive.

Slop jockey private bordering on the retarded.
Got to agree, he was a bit of a liability but I'm sure his intentions were good so RIP.

I googled it - some crap about it being inappropriate to speak ill of the recently deceased.
Its the best time, they cant sue you for slander/libel.

He sort of polarised the veteren community. Some say he was a champion for their cause others felt he made a joke/mockery of veterens. I do remember in the early 80's where there was some sort of discrepancy in his military career - dare I say 'Walt'. Hence my De mortuis nihil nisi bonum statement.

^ I'm scratching here, it was something to do with his 'unit', as in was he really in that unit as infantry or a cook. Also, something to do with dates. I've tried to search via that evil empire, comes up with rather bland military career, neither definative or vague, just a brief summary. There was that 'to-do' on the Midday Show with him and Normie Rowe.

Anyway, he didn't impact my career, and now dead, will be a small footnote in the Returned Services League I guess.

oops, a social faux paux on my behalf. Yep, coming all back now, something to do re: Vietnam War and a bit of slagging by Ron Casey methinks.

As an aside, got a great story - not mine re: Normie Rowe. My Tp Sgt had Normie as a APC driver during Vietnam, anyhoo, Tp Sgt stays in army and goes on to bigger and better thingy's, Normie gets out and pursues his singing career. Years later he's at a certain venue singing away, Tp Sgt is in the audience with few other diggers. Normie singing 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' spots Tp Sgt........stops mid song. Waltzes up to Tp Sgt and strikes up conversation like their long lost mates - well, there were/are. Audience gets a bit testy after paying out lots of beer tickets......Normie doesn't give a **** and begins to tell stories re Vietnam and Tp Sgt. Audience loves it, Tp Sgt is embarressed and tells ol' mate to get back singing, Normie begins or rather continues where he left off but audience wants more stories.

Normie definately no Diva, are real entertainer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Run_Charlie! The NAAFI Bar 20
Barrack Room Lawyer The NAAFI Bar 0
theparamancan Army Reserve 36