Bruce Dickinson Flies Troops Home From Afghanistan

Is there anything that this man can't do?

It has been revealed in Peterborough Today, Bruce Dickinson was the pilot on a very special flight to bring troops who had been serving in Afghanistan for 7 months back to the UK.

Speaking about the whole incident, Squadron Leader 'Albert' Finney has said: "I wanted to speak to the captain because we are not used to handling such large aircraft, and I needed to check he was happy with the taxi-plan. The captain happened to be Bruce Dickinson."

"I knew he flew for Astraeus, but what were the chances of him being the pilot? He was as proud as punch at flying the lads and wanted to tell me all about his Boeing 757."

Iron Maiden have just wrapped up their 'Somewhere In Time' world tour.
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article?id=48920

Maiden!....maiden!....maiden! 8)

come on the Iron's!!

Good on him, unless it is a crude publicity stunt, but who is Bruce Dickinson?

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Good skills, that man.

I'll have to blow the dust from my old copy of Bat Out of Hell.

King_of_the_Burpas said:
Good on him, unless it is a crude publicity stunt, but who is Bruce Dickinson?
Doubt it was for publicity, as he didn't advertise it and he's been flying for decades. Very keen on it (that and fencing), check out "Aces High" on "Powerslave" for instance :)

Oh him! Just seen on BBC News that they are erasing one of his murals from the lower Shankill Rd (Adair's manor) and replacing it with an uplifting vision of spring flowers. Never took to heavy metal, personally.

International swordsman as well, been watching him on sattv bigging up the worlds top ten fighter planes recently

A few years ago he and Danny, owner of Pprune, chartered a 737 from Astraeus and flew a bunch of Maiden fans from Pprune to a concert in Dublin, then had a private get together with the band afterwards.

Not a publicity stunt at all as he has been a commercial pilot working for Astaeus for quite a few years now, it will have just been pure chance he was the skipper. Great I guess if you are an Iron Maiden fan, heavy metal was never really my thing though.

Whatever next?

Will Gary Numan be on the next flight..?

the_guru said:
Whatever next?

Captain Birds eye is the new skipper of HMS Liverpool and jose mourinho is being considered as the next CO of 3 PARA

Bruce is also heavily into his armoured vehicles aswell , been a Maiden fan all my life , makes me feel proud hearing that , good on ya Bruce

Attachments

Now, if he can get some DAS, he can fix our airbridge!

the_guru said:
Whatever next?

Another very decent bloke who loves flying , though Gary tends to stick with smaller aircraft last I heard.

I've been a huge fan of Maiden since seeing them in 1986-ish (my first ever gig) and they wear their British identity on their sleeves with confidence. They have had loads of great military-themed songs like The Trooper, Aces High, Paeschendale, These Colours Don't Run, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Weekend Warrior and I'm sure there's quite a few more. The last album was very dark and based around war. Bruce gets my vote any day, his dad was in the Army, he's an ex-member of the CCF, a funny guy, patriot and a bloody awesome singer (ahem....air raid siren).

Up The Irons.