Browser problems

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by abacus, Oct 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chatting with a few arrsers on MSN and we thought th esite was down. But arrsers using mozilla instead of IE can get in.

Curiously, a link from a mozilla user via msn has let me into the site but I still can't directly in through IE.

2. I have no idea what language your talking, but i'm having a few probs tonight also.

I keep getting booted out!

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Your own fault for using crappy microsoft :twisted: :twisted:

4. Think it might have something to do with all the hot pics being sent for Mr ARRSE 2005! !

5. I use Firefox and couldn't get in so tried IE & that didn't work either. (Obviously) in now, can access using both.

6. eeek! - Bill Gates says you can't say that and I've only got enough tin foil for me so you're on your own now :lol:

Problem seems to have gone away now. BCO/GCO if it was a fix you had to do, many thanks.

7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Not guilty I'm afraid and I suspect that GCO hasn't been up to anything either.

people who are having problems connecting may wish to examine the hosts file. This bandit lives in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC and you'll need to examine it with a text editor. If it contains either our IP (217.146.105.5) or URL (www.arrse.co.uk) then you won't be able to access the site and I suggest you remove the relevant entry.

This may be useful to someone........