Browser problems

For the past week now when I try to upload pictures onto Facebook or update my blogs and youtube my web browser keeps crashing. I can click 'Browse/select pictures' however when the folder comes up it instantly crashes whatever browser I have open!

I have tried numerous suggestions after doing a good search on google and after being told endlessly "install Java/update it/enable it" that it is enabled.

Any idea what is the problem and if so how do I fix the blasted thing?

Regards

PRC

Google Chrome however it's also buggering up IE. I'll try running FireFox to see if it's affecting that too.

Edit: Downloaded Firefox and seems to be working, must be a problem with Chrome and the less said about IE the better :)

Unfortunately the problem is now affecting Firefox! I've adjusted my Anti-Virus to allow all the browsers however as soon as the 'select file' option comes up and opens to view and select a file to upload whatever web browser I'm using crashes.

I've adjusted my Anti-Virus to allow all the browsers however as soon as the 'select file' option comes up and opens to view and select a file to upload whatever web browser I'm using crashes.
The big question is which anti-virus programme are you using. The reason for asking is the some AV's cause more problems than enough.