Browser problems

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by PRC-349, Nov 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the past week now when I try to upload pictures onto Facebook or update my blogs and youtube my web browser keeps crashing. I can click 'Browse/select pictures' however when the folder comes up it instantly crashes whatever browser I have open!

I have tried numerous suggestions after doing a good search on google and after being told endlessly "install Java/update it/enable it" that it is enabled.

Any idea what is the problem and if so how do I fix the blasted thing?

2. What browser are you using personally I prefer Firefox as Explorer is just so riddled with bugs?
  3. Google Chrome however it's also buggering up IE. I'll try running FireFox to see if it's affecting that too.

Edit: Downloaded Firefox and seems to be working, must be a problem with Chrome and the less said about IE the better :)
  4. Unfortunately the problem is now affecting Firefox! I've adjusted my Anti-Virus to allow all the browsers however as soon as the 'select file' option comes up and opens to view and select a file to upload whatever web browser I'm using crashes.
  5. The big question is which anti-virus programme are you using. The reason for asking is the some AV's cause more problems than enough.
  6. I'm using Norton 360.
  7. Download Safari - far supierior