Browns Pay Restraint - told you so!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Sep 8, 2008.

?
  1. Give in to the new owners of ZANU - The Unions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fight it out with the Unions and go bankrupt?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Increase taxes further, everyone (apart from taxpayers) is happy?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Remember a thread a short while ago where we talked about Broon and Zanu preaching wage restraint to slow down inflation . . .

Well, I can find the thread, but the gist of it was that Broon was saying that employers should resist wage increase pressures to keep the UK inflation down.

I commented at the time that it was all well and good that toe-rag and his party saying that, but the truth was that inflation was REALLY getting rather a lot, and peoples wages HAD to go up to keep up with his taxes, fuel prices, gas prices, electric prices, food prices etc etc etc.

I said that it would be the civil service that went on strike in ever increasing numbers, ie: HIS pet unions.

The debate centred around the issue of 'who owns the Labliar Party . . . the executive, or the Unions who bailed them out of the cash-for-honours farce, and thus prevented the whole party being made bankrupt. My suggestion was that he'd have the choice of a: let the party go bust and thus be personally liable for a proportion of its debts as it went down (all executive members are guarantors of the party debts), or he'd do whatever it took to kiss the unions collective arrses to save the party from bankruptcy.

Well, it appears he's doing neither at this moment in time. He's not giving into civil service wage demands, and the party ain't bankrupt yet . . . .

Mind you, the predicted strikes look like they are starting . . . .

The Beeb

I'm now asking for a vote: which way will he jump?

2. Surely the first and third option in your poll are one and the same - to give into the Unions, would inevitably mean increased taxation! Whichever way it goes we, the taxpayers, are sh&agged!

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Quite possibly, but maybe not - after all, he can simply cut MOD funding instead . . .

4. Thought the reason Northern Rock was Bought by the gov was that Major Unions had their cash with NR and Nue Labour could not let their paymaster go bust.
    john