Browning 5.25 Opinions and experiences please.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Bladensburg, Dec 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A friend of mine is looking to get himself a new, steel proofed gun and quite likes the look of the latest B525.

For some reason I can't recall ever having shot a Browning as I've always had a Beretta for an o/u against which Brownings look decidedly chunky. So does anyone on here have any experience of them?
    St Michael of Yardley seems to rave about them but I'm not sure I entirely trust him.

Personally if I was looking for a steel-proofed all in one gun at a reasonable price I might go Fabarm but then when it came to buying a gun for wildfowling I just went for a cheapish semi on the grounds that there's only one tube to replace and the action should absorb some of the recoil from those bloody enormous carts.
  2. The wife has a Browning 125 that seems to shoot nicely enough (she has had it for several years and has just started clays again) , looking at a B725 for myself as I'm also just getting into clays as relaxation