Browne to be MOD part -time

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 2404Motorman, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just another indication of contempt for the Armed Sevices by this Gubmint.

Des Browne will remain Minister of Defence but will also be Secretary of State for Scotland.

Just as well the lads can't go part-time isn't it?

2. I thought I was part-time, but it turned out that I'm just casual...

I wouldn't mind betting that he's still getting a pension for it though.

3. Sums it all up does it not?

4. Words fail me!

5. Merely the opening moves.... It's going to get a lot messier - Broon hates Defence with a vengeance.

6. Thought ARRSE had forgotten PERSEC and started to brag about the MODS!

I'll get my coat

7. Doomed, we're all doomed !!!

Attached Files:

8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Agree with the comment above, this is an indication of the utter contempt that G Brown has for the Armed Forces. Quite deliberately, he is showing the Forces that they are of little concern.

You can bet that from now on, when a difficult question is asked, or something said in the House, Browne will be involved with his other job - whichever is easiest for him

Part-time Minister of Defence? Words fail me.

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Maybe they are so pleased with the cost effectiveness of the TA they decided to apply the principles to the government :?

10. Agree with seanbean,

But Broon is actually signalling the marginalisation of the Scottish Office rather than the MoD (which couldn't be much more marginalised even if they left it out in the rain for a few weeks and refused to feed it).

The Tartan Toilet has its own Assembly and they're going to have to get off their behinds and do a lot more work under the new 'administration', leaving Swiss Des with more than enough time to carry on fcuking up the MoD in the time honoured fashion.

Some at the MoD are actually PLEASED that Des has kept his portfolio.

Shurely shome mishtake.

Edited to add that Swiss Des is a big chum of Alex Salmond, the Scots Nats chappie, so there's another reason for the Jocks to stick together.

11. I don't see what the surprise is - his attitude always struck me as 'part-time' anyway.

I understand that Mr. Browne's professional experience in his legal career largely focused on child law - just the sort of grounding one wishes to see in a Defence Secretary.

12. why cant the governement put someone in the armed forces to job share with Mr Browne .

At least then we can have someone in authority who can advise mr browne the right way look after our armed forces and soldiers welfare etc.
    Or is it going to be another thanks for nothing like we had from our other past p.m.

13. They should make him do MATTs to qaulify for his ministerial alowances!

14. On BBC Five Live this morning they did a link up with BFBS in Basra the station manager said that the guys there would like John Reid back as Sec state for defence

15. Hmm, I don't know much about this guy other than he's anti-US and that his name reflects the color of poo.