Browne backed by Defense Chiefs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Apr 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Browne is defending his job in front of hostile MP's with the backing (he says) of the MOD and the BeLiar-in-Chief.

Beeb Clicky

You're damn right buddy, the buck does indeed stop with you, and yes, you MUST resign without any further delay or prevarication. Why? Because even though you are the Armed Forces Minister, by allowing the 15 detainees to sell their stories means you have a total lack of understanding of the rules of the MOD and previous cases. If you didn't even know that this would be a bad mistake and gave it your blessing despite the fact that it was frowned upon in a BIG way for such things to happen, you are obviously not fit to head the department. IGNORANCE is not only no excuse, it is a bl00dy disgrace. Nobody who is that ignorant of the department and forces in its remit is fit to head such a department.

Bugger off now and save any further embarrassment to us all. T0sser.
  2. Why is he getting the support of senior officers in the Pentagon?
  3. He could always fall on his sword but then again will all the defence cuts he won't be able to find one!!!!!
  4. amended version

He could always fall on his sword but then again with all the defence cuts he won't be able to find one!!!!!
  5. I have one he can borrow......briefly.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Erm, sorry "the support of the Great Leader". Is that better?
  7. How about this:

Home Secretary John Reid admitted Mr Browne's job was on the line but praised his "courage" in accepting responsibility.

He told Sky News: "You take decisions every day of the week when you hold a great office of state...

"I think it was courageous [of Mr Browne] to say we got this thing wrong."

Courageous is deploying on Ops without proper body armour. Courageous is climbing into a Snatch Land Rover, Courageous is putting your life on the line for your comardes, courageous is what the families of the dead have shown on so many occasions, courageous is everything you spineless bunch of wasters are not..

Courage? You don't know the meaning of the word.

If the Chain Of Command supports you, then The Chain Of Command has lost the right to command.
  8. Why has He got the full confidence of the officers at the very top of the CofC?

Incidentally, who is more out of touch, those generals on the top table or the members of ARRSE quoted as being against Brownes retention
  9. Promotion for Honours?
  10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Why was Sir Jock doing this? Does the position of Whip now come with his job too? 8O

On the question I set at the start of this thread, no-one has yet given me a satifactory answer of why Browne deserves support. Any others from the MASSIVE 14 pro votes willing to tell me?

Brought across from another thread for airing here too
  11. The word early this am was that Adm. Sir Jock Stirrup spent the w.e. whipping-in as many other admirals and defence chiefs as possible, to express confidence in Browne. And they may well have done so, as a form of working with the devil they know.

Blair's statement of support is in a conventional form of words, and seems solid - if undramatic.

The bookies are offering very long odds against Browne resigning.

So no change seems likely at this stage.
  12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Sorry Caubeen - brought your point across already. It was a good one after all. :D
  13. Beat me to it, ITC! - on migration from that parallel thread.

I don't know on what grounds the admirals are backing him. The cynic in me wonders if it might be as an alternative to some of them taking early retirement themselves.
  14. When did Sir Jock change from an Air Chief Marshal to an Admiral??????????
  15. No just silly jibe at the use of the word Defense rather than Defence.