Brown: we will stand up to Russias naked aggression

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Aug 31, 2008.

1. He is too soft toward Russia

0 vote(s)
  2. Absolutely support

0 vote(s)
  3. I hate to say it but I support mr.Brown

0 vote(s)
  4. Partially support

0 vote(s)
  5. To demand anything the West must itself play by the rules.

0 vote(s)
  6. The article is no more than electoral trick

0 vote(s)
  7. Empty words

0 vote(s)
  8. I disagree with mr.Brown

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

I fear they are absolutely unrealistic expectations and likely very soon the relations will return to 'business as usual'.

It is an exellent idea - the system of international rules. So why not to formulate them plainly and act according to them? In Kosovo for example.

Do you support the position expressed by mr.Brown.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

**** off, won't you and take your hypocritical and two faced crap with you.

Sorry, MODS but it needs to be said.

PS You out of Georgia yet?
  3. Following NATO's illegal occupation of the Serbian Province of Kosovo and the EU's unlawful recognition of said province, then we are in no position to get on the moral high ground regarding Russia doing exactly the same with South Ossetia.

Didn't Milliband and the Russians both use the excuse that supposed ethnic cleansing can justify both these clear breaches of international law?

As for Brown: F*cking hypocrite yet again.
  4. Mate, it is a freedom of speech. Hint: each time as you see the Labrador simply ignore the message.

I was in some EU countries recently (Alas!!! excluding the UK). Btw, the Poles apparently don't expect Russian tanks in Warsaw anytime soon.
  5. The door swings both ways. If Russia claims Kosovo justified what it did, it must by implication endorse Kosovo's independence.
  6. That's because they know the Polish army could nail an invading Russian force to the wall.
  7. in_the_cheapseats

You'll remember, of course, the russian forces that occupied the Airfield?
  8. It is an interesting idea. As Kosovo is not so important for Russia then such a variant is at least discussable.

But there is another option: the West revokes its recognition of Kosovo as an independent state and demands similar move from Russia. Again, it is an interesting and discussable variant.

Other (asymmetric) options are unviable.
  9. I have a vision of Brown, on the steps of an aircraft having returned from Moscow, waving a sheaf of paper claiming "Peace in our time".

Then the tanks roll into Poland and we all get a terrible feeling of Deja Vu.
  10. Right.
  11. in_the_cheapseats

I don't see them as asymmetric. Kosovo has been endorsed as nation by 46 nations after they declared themselves independent.

You invaded Georgia and simply made a statement, followed up by a vote in your Paliament which hasn't been endorsed by a single other nation.

You won't get any support from any of the other ex-USSR bits now autonomous as if they do all they will be doing is setting precedent for you to ignore any other national boundaries that you don't like.

Do you have any friends anymore? I'm unsure
  12. You'll remember we didn't start WW 3 because of it. Why should Russia give a fcuk what Broon says - we couldn't say boo to a goose thanks to successive Govts particularly since the "peace dividend".

Like nuclear deterrence - intention AND capability are required. Mind you a strongly worded letter should have the Russian Army p1ssing itself.

Nobody likes it but we opened a can of worms with Kosovo and now we need to be able to deal with the consequences.
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Hey Sergy your not Dead.
  14. They ILLEGALLY declared themselves independent and all 46 nations who recognised Kosovo are flouting international law, a law put in place precisely to protect the territorial integrity of nation states and prevent the very situation we are now in with Geogia..

As we have seen, you flout the law then you give the green light to anyone else who fancies some extra lebensraum.
  15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

On the Georgia thing, fcuk em and as for Brown and (shit can't believe Im having to say this) David Cameron gobbing off about the situation they should shut the fcuk up and sort our own problems first. Brown the nob should get a reality check and Cameron should shut up and work on kicking that bunch of liers and traitors out of power.