Brown vs Madoff - Celebrity Money Spunking Match

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jockass, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know, I know. Another article about how Brown is rubbish and we are all doomed to wear pants made out of sackcloth for the rest of the century, but quite a good one I think. Worth a read:

Pretty solid take on why Brown is the worst thing to be inflicted on Britain since... well, erm, since the Mongols didnt get this far I'm not sure. The plague maybe?

I remain flabbergasted that he still cannot bring himself to admit that he has royally fecked up on a huge stage. As always the first step is to admit that you have a problem. Otherwise we can never be sure that he is trying to fix the right one.

Viva le election! Sooner the better.
  2. Agreed one hundred per cent with 'jockass'. The truth will come out sooner or later. How the public cannot see that Brown took a good, viable and financially stable bank, 'married it' to a 'basket-case bank', thus ruining it completely and in all likelihood terminally.

The reasons he did this are fairly obvious.

Firstly, the HBoS 'basket-case bank' was largely northern and Scotland based.
    Secondly, he was facing an election defeat in the constituency (Glenrothes) next to his own.
    Thirdly, he is delusional and psychologically and psychotically flawed.
    Fourthly, he has not a single clue about 'finance in the nation'.

His much trumpeted 'intellect' is clearly a myth and his even more trumpeted 'success' as Chancellor was entirely due to inheriting a very strong financial position in 1997 and his unrelenting raising of taxes - openly and stealthily.

Bliar was dreadful, but, as was predicted by many at the time, Brown is infinitely worse - clueless, incompetent and dangerous.