Brown to start his resettlement?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LEFTY478, Aug 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like Gordon's finally faced up to his impending unemployment and has started looking for things to do with his soon, ample, spare time.

"... the PM had told colleagues he wanted to spend a week doing community work as part of a month-long holiday.

It said No 10 had been reluctant to confirm this for fear it might be seen as a publicity stunt.

Downing Street confirmed the story but said details would remain private.

A spokesman said: "The prime minister will be undertaking some community voluntary work during his time in his constituency."

Hopefully he’ll choose something useful, like a Harpoon target, for a Jap whaling boat.

2. I would of put the one eyed cnut on Jankers for a week at a Basic Training Depot. It shows how low the PR Machine has gone to try and get a few inches in the tabloids & 25 seconds on TV.
  3. Good idea and on the plus side, eye protection costs could be halved.
  4. Just a monocle then... :D
  5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Heaven forfend :roll:
  6. Hey, it's 'cos of cynics like you that they’re sooo reluctant to talk about his charitee work, mate...
  7. Of course it is a 'publicity stunt'.

That said, unblocking sewers is probably the monocular twerp's metier.

I bet Mr. Mandelson thought this merry jape up - Brown doesn't do 'thought' - he just gives commands.
  8. If he doesn't want the publicity then why didn't they just keep schtum? Will we see him with a bright orange vest with community payback on it weeding a roundabout or some such thing? Perhaps picking up used needles from derelict buildings? Thought not. Couple of photo ops with grannies more like it. Of course, if he wants to do a bit of snatch driving in Afghanistan then hats off to him but i won't hold my breath.
  9. Mandlebum...hmm, I would have thought he would be to busy running every department in the gobment to think up something like this :roll:

10. Didn,t the last Emperor of China end up as a gardener, should suit the last Labia emperor then. Just keep digging Gordon and hopefully you,ll end up in China.
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

He is off to the states to lecture at uni's.
    When we hear he has bought a house there, we will know his departure is imminent.......

BTW does an ex-PM keep his Special Branch protection if he emigrates?
  12. Broon will step down early next year and head off over the horzion to run the World Bank and carry on saving the world.

You don't really think that our unelected PM will ever let the public do unto him something so demeaning as unelect him?
  13. And what if a little "accident" was to befall 'Dear Leader' carrying out community work,meaning Mandleson would be PM for the forseeable future?.
  14. They have only just recovered from the opium wars, IMHO it would be acrime against humanity to do that to them?