Brown to claim credit for Olympic successes?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by lsquared, Aug 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is any one running a book on when the glass-eyed, porridge gobbling control freak will begin claiming the credit for the excellent results so far at Beijing 2008?

2. Of course he will, but the moment Jonah Brown claims anything to do with the success of Team GB, then that will put the mockers on any future medals.

3. Be prepared for open top parades through London, leering Olympians peering through Oakley sunglasses lest they bleed to death through their pished up eyes, massive reception at No.10 with Gordo pawing as many as can stand up straight and look at the camera.

Ben Ainslie has won 3 gold medals, that's an automatic peerage.

My question is - if Michael Phelps was a Brit with 8 gongs would Gordo make him a Duke or a minor Princeling?

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Her Maj has beaten him to it by inviting them all to a reception at Buck House.

5. It has started! Tessa Jowell glossing over the work of Sir John Major '....after Atlanta...' crowed that '....this government....'! Blah! blah! blah!

This fatuous and failed government is sooooo desperate. Why does it not call a by-election in Glenrothes? Cowardice and the knowledge that S.N.P will win!

PS: The one-eyed, glowering oaf is going to Beijing. Hope he enjoys a reunion with the liar and grinning spiv Bliar, who is also there!

6. Well it is Team Gordon Brown.

I am taking the GB sticker off the back of my car.