Brown to address joint session of Congress

#1
Gordon Brown is to address both Houses of Congress when he visits Washington next week for talks with President Obama. He will be only the fifth British prime minister to be accorded the honour of addressing both houses of the US legislature, following Winston Churchill, Clement Attlee, Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5799183.ece

I wonder what he promised them in return for this.

Bliar was a cnut but i'll acknowledge, through gritted teeth, that he had a knack for public speaking. I'll give him that.

WTF is Brown going to lecture them on?

How he outlawed recessionary cycles?

A train wreck in the making this one.
 
#3
I wonder if he will tell Congress that this little recession thing is a "global problem" started by banks in the USA?
Shouldn't imagine they would take kindly to getting the blame while he takes credit for saving the world.

On the plus side, he may swamp himself live on inernational prime time television......
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#4
Oh dear, the national humiliations just keep heaping up.
 
#5
I’m sure we can all watch and experience that collective phenomenon known as “mass glazing of the eyes”.

What really grabbed me about the report was this:
Ministers believe that Britain’s position as America’s main combat ally in Afghanistan was a crucial factor in Mr Brown beating European rivals, notably President Sarkozy and Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, to Washington.
Can’t you just see Broon the Monocular thumbing his nose at the others? They’re like fückin' little kids, the lot of ‘em!

This was another little gem:
Mr Sarkozy is reportedly piqued at having failed to edge in front of Britain as the “go-to country” for Washington in Europe. But he began with a blunder, sending a handwritten congratulatory note on election night in which he incorrectly spelt Mr Obama’s first name as “Barak”.
And this only happened because The Midget Frog was unsure how to spell “accommodation”. That’s what ya get, see?

You really couldn’t make this shite up.

MsG
 
#6
KevinB said:
Poor them. Hope they bring earplugs or will be death by boredom...
At least all the body parts would be in one place, unlike the innocents who were blown apart by the bombs you helped to pay for.
 
#7
george163 said:
KevinB said:
Poor them. Hope they bring earplugs or will be death by boredom...
At least all the body parts would be in one place, unlike the innocents who were blown apart by the bombs you helped to pay for.
Try and stay on-thread, mucker. Instead of posting pointless, infantile and petulant stuff.

MsG
 
#8
Bugsy said:
george163 said:
KevinB said:
Poor them. Hope they bring earplugs or will be death by boredom...
At least all the body parts would be in one place, unlike the innocents who were blown apart by the bombs you helped to pay for.
Try and stay on-thread, mucker. Instead of posting pointless, infantile and petulant stuff.

MsG
I reserve the right to be purile at the drop a hat.
:twisted:
 
#9
All of the Democrats and some of the Republicans are already brain dead so what difference does it make what he says? It is not like anybody in the audience will have any comprehension skills.

They won't be listening to him anyhow. To be respectful they will all show up but during the speech they will all be on their Blackberry's trying to raise campaign money from any sleazy special interest group willing to purchase the representatation.
 
#12
IndianaDel said:
Oh Saints preserve us "Gator" has spoken! :roll:
You people from Indiana are so naive about politics that you probably think Congress is great.

Even Evan Byah has to raise tens of thousands of dollars a day for his campaign every day and that is the reason why he sells his representation to the unions and every other sleazy special interest group in Indiana.

I also suspect there is not one member from the Indiana delegation that really gives a rat's ass what Brown says.
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#13
gator said:
IndianaDel said:
Oh Saints preserve us "Gator" has spoken! :roll:
You people from Indiana are so naive about politics that you probably think Congress is great.

Even Evan Byah has to raise tens of thousands of dollars a day for his campaign every day and that is the reason why he sells his representation to the unions and every other sleazy special interest group in Indiana.

I also suspect there is not one member from the Indiana delegation that really gives a rat's ass what Brown says.
Does anyone give a Rat's arrse what the idiot says?
 
#14
Eh? Wassa "Joint Session of Congress"? do they all roll a fat one and get the Pink Floyd albums out?

Must be more 'Nam Vets in there than I thought...
 
#15
Str8Bloke said:
Eh? Wassa "Joint Session of Congress"? do they all roll a fat one and get the Pink Floyd albums out?

Must be more 'Nam Vets in there than I thought...
Actually if they did do what you suggested they would probably be more productive than they are now.
 
#16
What? no bite?
 
#17
gator said:
IndianaDel said:
Oh Saints preserve us "Gator" has spoken! :roll:
You people from Indiana are so naive about politics that you probably think Congress is great.

Even Evan Byah has to raise tens of thousands of dollars a day for his campaign every day and that is the reason why he sells his representation to the unions and every other sleazy special interest group in Indiana.

I also suspect there is not one member from the Indiana delegation that really gives a rat's ass what Brown says.
As usual Gator, verbage has trumped content in yet another post of yours!
As normal, you post without knowing of what you speak.
I have never said I was FROM Indiana

Unlike you Gator, I actually have a personal REASON, to be member of ARRSE, that goes beyond a droning agenda!!!!
 
#18
IndianaDel said:
gator said:
IndianaDel said:
Oh Saints preserve us "Gator" has spoken! :roll:
You people from Indiana are so naive about politics that you probably think Congress is great.

Even Evan Byah has to raise tens of thousands of dollars a day for his campaign every day and that is the reason why he sells his representation to the unions and every other sleazy special interest group in Indiana.

I also suspect there is not one member from the Indiana delegation that really gives a rat's ass what Brown says.
As usual Gator, verbage has trumped content in yet another post of yours!
As normal, you post without knowing of what you speak.
I have never said I was FROM Indiana

Unlike you Gator, I actually have a personal REASON, to be member of ARRSE, that goes beyond a droning agenda!!!!
I guess I am the naive one thinking someone with the name of IndianaDel and "Location: Indiana, where else" is from Indiana. I tell you what, these people posting on the Internet nowadays are tricky, aren't they?
 
#19
gator said:
I guess I am the naive one thinking someone with the name of IndianaDel and "Location: Indiana, where else" is from Indiana. I tell you what, these people posting on the Internet nowadays are tricky, aren't they?
Your location should read 'Cuntsville'.
 
#20
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
gator said:
I guess I am the naive one thinking someone with the name of IndianaDel and "Location: Indiana, where else" is from Indiana. I tell you what, these people posting on the Internet nowadays are tricky, aren't they?
Your location should read 'Cuntsville'.
"Cuntsville". Wow, man you are good! I never saw it coming. You are a friggin genius with wit to come up with something like that. I am in awe.

By the way, is cuntsville a word you dullard Euros dream up at night as you are sitting in your dark little pubs drinking piss beer and smoking cigarettes?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top