Brown to address joint session of Congress

Discussion in 'US' started by Taz_786, Feb 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

I wonder what he promised them in return for this.

Bliar was a cnut but i'll acknowledge, through gritted teeth, that he had a knack for public speaking. I'll give him that.

WTF is Brown going to lecture them on?

How he outlawed recessionary cycles?

A train wreck in the making this one.
  2. Poor them. Hope they bring earplugs or will be death by boredom...
  3. I wonder if he will tell Congress that this little recession thing is a "global problem" started by banks in the USA?
    Shouldn't imagine they would take kindly to getting the blame while he takes credit for saving the world.

On the plus side, he may swamp himself live on inernational prime time television......
  4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Oh dear, the national humiliations just keep heaping up.
  5. I’m sure we can all watch and experience that collective phenomenon known as “mass glazing of the eyes”.

What really grabbed me about the report was this:
    Can’t you just see Broon the Monocular thumbing his nose at the others? They’re like fückin' little kids, the lot of ‘em!

This was another little gem:
    And this only happened because The Midget Frog was unsure how to spell “accommodation”. That’s what ya get, see?

You really couldn’t make this shite up.

6. At least all the body parts would be in one place, unlike the innocents who were blown apart by the bombs you helped to pay for.
  7. Try and stay on-thread, mucker. Instead of posting pointless, infantile and petulant stuff.

8. I reserve the right to be purile at the drop a hat.
  9. All of the Democrats and some of the Republicans are already brain dead so what difference does it make what he says? It is not like anybody in the audience will have any comprehension skills.

They won't be listening to him anyhow. To be respectful they will all show up but during the speech they will all be on their Blackberry's trying to raise campaign money from any sleazy special interest group willing to purchase the representatation.
  10. Oh Saints preserve us "Gator" has spoken! :roll:
  11. And probably with some accuracy at that!
  12. You people from Indiana are so naive about politics that you probably think Congress is great.

Even Evan Byah has to raise tens of thousands of dollars a day for his campaign every day and that is the reason why he sells his representation to the unions and every other sleazy special interest group in Indiana.

I also suspect there is not one member from the Indiana delegation that really gives a rat's ass what Brown says.
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Does anyone give a Rat's arrse what the idiot says?
  14. Eh? Wassa "Joint Session of Congress"? do they all roll a fat one and get the Pink Floyd albums out?

Must be more 'Nam Vets in there than I thought...
  15. Actually if they did do what you suggested they would probably be more productive than they are now.