Brown set to oppose MP pay rise

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dui-lai, Dec 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MPs wanting bloody more money!!!!!!
    So not happy with getting lots from us poor taxpayers, out Lords & masters want more......about 10% more over 3 years!!!!!!

2. The Honorable Member is not wrong there. Well said.

If only it was so easy to make MPs honest.

3. If they don't like it they can leave, there will always be another self serving tw*t ready to take their place. F*ck em.

4. I'd let them have 2.5%.

Staged, over the next couple of years to result in 1.9% like mine is.

Bloody hypocrites.

SD

5. With this shower of SH1T, it has always been do as I say and not as I do!

What actually do they do for their money? :x

6. Sounds to my like an easy way that they can justify not paying the filth.

7. I think we are going to have to invent a new swear-word just for Politicians.

Even CNUT does'nt do them "justice". :x

8. If this goes through, this could be another Winter of Discontent.

9. And there are more than 30 applicants (one of them is known as "Sven") for every place....

Litotes

10. :D PMSL oh but true.

11. (My bold)

Yet more spin from the 'Dysfunctional One'. Brown can easily oppose the forthcoming MP's pay rise, thereby distancing himself from the issue quite safe in the knowledge he's going to get it anyway...

By cleverly putting it to the house for a 'free vote' he knows there is just too many backbenchers eager to vote for it for the matter to fail. Funny enough, a lot of the supporters are labours own backbenchers, who having seen the writing on the wall and their future redundancy are busy lining their pockets and increasing the future pension payout while they can before they get kicked out of their seats in the next election.

Comparing this lot to 'Pigs with their nose's in the trough' really is an insult to perfectly good pigs....

12. I say give the MPs their pay rise in full.

Then I would STOP them from receiving ALL their outside freebies,lobbying fees,directorships,etc,etc.

Then I would make EVERY PENNY of their expenses payable upon production of a receipt,and this would then be checked by auditors before payment is approved.

Should stop the b*tch lairbore MP who is claiming she drives 240,000 miles each year.

13. I've said it before and I'll say it again,
    "ALL politicians are greedy lying scum"
    I believe that only since 1911 have they been paid not that I recall any history book saying that before that time there were empty seats in parliament.

Bring back capital punishment for any mp who tells lies in or out of parliament. Actually just excecute all mps, lets face it they are on holiday for most of the year, and the country seems to run alright.

14. That would be unworkable. They should get a card entitling them to travel free on public transport. This way, the lazy whinging layabouts will have no excuse.