Brown met with Gaddafi in July to discuss prisoner release

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
it's been revealed - http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/aug/23/gordon-brown-letter-gaddafi-lockerbie

'Gordon Brown faced fresh questions tonight after it emerged that he discussed with Colonel Gaddafi detailed conditions for the Lockerbie bomber's return nearly six weeks ago, while senior Labour figures warned of an economic backlash from angry Americans "costing our country dear".'

so... purely a decision made by the Scottish Parliament eh?

Macavity Brown has done his usual disappearing act - probably needs more time to write the letter he's sending to congratulate the England Cricket team on winning the ashes.

The whole thing stinks - however, watching Lord Rumba of Rio wriggling and squirming on TV on Saturday trying to get off the hook was a joy. The first time I've seen him at a loss for words - he even tried to fall back onto the 'Honourable Government' defence!

McBroon is unavailable for comment at this time. He is in Scotland collecting faggots to burn on his funeral pyre.

Surely thats the BRITISH cricket team?

Anyone who actually believes al Magrahi was released for anything other than political/business reasons is deluded.

Just when you thought Zanu Nu liabour could stoop no lower, they redefine the expression "Lower than a snakes bollox"

mick_sterbs said:
Surely thats the BRITISH cricket team?

Anyone who actually believes al Magrahi was released for anything other than political/business reasons is deluded.

Just when you thought Zanu Nu liabour could stoop no lower, they redefine the expression "Lower than a snakes bollox"
You missed with a top hat on

mnairb said:
Are we still allowed to call them faggots? I thought that the Gay Liberation Front had the word banned.
You misunderstandermerate me good sir.

I have highlighted the relevant bit in bold and underlined.

* Faggot (slang), a pejorative for gay and effeminate men, or those presumed to be gay and effeminate.
* Faggot (food), a British meatball commonly made of pork offal
* Faggot (volume), an archaic unit of measurement for bundles of sticks
* Faggot (wood) (or fagot), bundle of sticks or branches
* Faggots (novel), a novel by Larry Kramer
* Faggoting (metalworking), a metalworking technique
* Faggoting, a knitting term (see Basic knitted fabrics#Faggoting)
* Faggot stitch, a traditional embroidery stitch also known as Straight Open Cretan
* Ashen faggot (or ashton fagot), a British Christmas tradition
* Fire and Faggot Parliament, an English Parliament of 1414