Brown likens himself to Heathcliff

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DigitalGeek, Jul 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :? So Gordon Brown has "jokingly" revealed he is very similar to Heathcliff, of Wuthering Heights fame.

Blithering Shyte more like!
  2. Do you think he has actually read the book?... or just watched Cliff in the musical....
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think he only heard the music and has absolutely no idea of what he's talking about.

Blythering Shyte - brilliant! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
  4. Please see BroonHole
  5. [​IMG]

The similarities are uncanny
  6. But he is quite correct in his comment. He is moody, twisted, self-centred facker.
  7. IS Broon really like Heathcliffe a man who beats and whips his wife, abuses horses and dogs, murders one of his relatives by marriage and disinters the corpse of his late beloved. A man who is driven by power, wealth and greed, is totalitarian and obsessed with humiliating his enemies and those he blieves have wronged him.
  8. Do you really need us to answer that!!! :wink:
  9. I liken to him to Magwitch; a criminal skulking within scent of the Thames, except Magwitch had stereoscopic vision.
  10. That's strange, I liken him to a useless cnut :D
  11. We might be too hasty in dismissing the comparison: both waited years and years to get their revenge, both destroyed the lives of those around them (admittedly Broon hasn't married his offspring to any of Blair's...yet), there's never been a decent explanation for how either of them got their money. Does this mean Broon will die mysteriously in the near future?
  13. Oh god, don't bring that dullard into it :D
  14. Oops. Quick look away and pretend I didn't mention the name!

15. Vince Cable got it spot on:

"Heathcliff may be dark and brooding but he is also ruthless and vindictive. He ended his life a broken and tormented man haunted by a ghost. Tony Blair perhaps?"