Brown jobs slagging off the mob

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If it makes you feel any better, it's not just the Army that think you are a bunch of bellends, the Royal Navy also think you are shower of cnuts.

Aw Ravers! You big softie! I can just feel the lurve :)

I think the Army is just bitter because it lost a chance to relegate the crabs to history because the Andrew gambled over the carriers and lost.

I'm sure there are pockets of excellence in the RAF and i have several great friends in the RAF but I think that as an organization it is a bloated, PC, solipsistic, and self-serving, with poor leadership at most levels and an over-inflated view of its capabilities. It can often be spectacularly myopic about its prime and only aim being to put capability into the air.

That enough bashing for you?

Bash away most of what you say is probably true WTF do I know I have been out since 73. You can bash rocks all you want every one in the mob did. Aircrew couldnt care less. But I was none of those I was an airframe mechanic that did 12 years (yeh cooks tour ) and spent nine of those on MR with some of the best blokes anyone could hope to know, so I just thought I would have my say.

Just cracked me up seing the hissy fits, stamping of feet and general pongo chest beating...******* brand new, just waiting for a post from someone calling himself Rambo.

If it makes you feel any better, it's not just the Army that think you are a bunch of bellends, the Royal Navy also think you are shower of cnuts.

I once saw a bunch of matelots on the piss in Bugis street wearing baby doll pyjamas not sure if they had their cabin boys with them or if those they were holding hads with were pongos.

What, with your intelligence? No, I got the gist of things when you practically copy and pasted from Wikipedia.

Perhaps some gucci-looking Oakley gloves can protect your knuckles from dragging along the ground you failed Rock Ape.

Thanks for the thought but I was a rigger not a rock, still a lot of the fairies would have agreed that our knucles did drag a bit.

As for copy and paste Yeh course I did, I took the history from the MR web site....what you expected me to write all that, you must be joking, I never went to the special forces writing accademy mate.

I think the Army is just bitter because it lost a chance to relegate the crabs to history because the Andrew gambled over the carriers and lost.

I'm sure there are pockets of excellence in the RAF and i have several great friends in the RAF but I think that as an organization it is a bloated, PC, solipsistic, and self-serving, with poor leadership at most levels and an over-inflated view of its capabilities. It can often be spectacularly myopic about its prime and only aim being to put capability into the air.

That enough bashing for you?

V-M. Sadly, most of that is true. Far too many senior ranks, serving too few juniors/infra/ac. Where else in any military system - or indeed industry - would you find a LtCol equivalent "managing" fewer than 50 people. A regular occurence in the RAF I'm afraid. That, combined with an aircrew orientated leadership to whom actual leadership is anathema, gives you a flavour of where we are. Dowding, Trenchard et al are spinning faster in their graves than they ever did in the air.

Quality does exist - and lets not let banter/slagging become the debate. The RAF could become a first class fighting force, but I think it would take a root and branch reform, and the transformation of Cranwell into an institution as robust as Sandhurst, for that to happen.

I'll get me coat.

Wag Tail

Old-Salt
I have just decided to put a couple of posts up after mooching around for a while.

Also the incident report of the call out to Kinabalu in Borneo to get some pongo’s out of the shit they were in was not the first time or the last that RAF MR had been called out to rescue British Army personnel .

You were a crab?.............in Borneo?............very nice too............which hotel were you in??????

I have just decided to put a couple of posts up after mooching around for a while.

Also the incident report of the call out to Kinabalu in Borneo to get some pongo’s out of the shit they were in was not the first time or the last that RAF MR had been called out to rescue British Army personnel .

You were a crab?.............in Borneo?............very nice too............which hotel were you in??????

oh the wit.... I was in a rat infested wooden shed on stilts thingy near the contol tower at Bruni airport, living with a bunch of army aircorp blokes.

At that time the only bar in Bruni town was out of bounds to army other ranks, but me and one of the other RAF guys managed to get in for a couple of pints, the Army officers in there at the time just kept looking at us, but none of em knew what to do with crabs so we just stayed. Special people special tratment.

I did manage to get a very debauched night in Jesleton in a knoking shop called the Shamrock hotel that was in the company of some pongos that I had come up from Tawau with.

Met some good Army lads back then, they all seemed a bit more "British" if thats the right word.

A lot less like loud mouthed Yanks than we seem to have in abundence on here.

Different generations I suppose, not that I actually give a ****, mouth of all you want if it makes the nappy rash less of an irritant.

You forgot the booties, TA and the ACF.

I once saw a bunch of matelots on the piss in Bugis street wearing baby doll pyjamas not sure if they had their cabin boys with them or if those they were holding hads with were pongos.

These "girls" were regulars in bugis street, we were convinced that two of them were RAF blokes from Changi, not sure which now though it was alot of tiger beer ago.

Attachments

• kaitais_singapore 1970.jpg
    kaitais_singapore 1970.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 649

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Great comeback. Hilarious.

T

Tinman74

Everyone one of us are bellends, we enjoy the shit everyone dishes out and we are very speshal in our own very play doh way, eating Lego and stuff, could we do what we need to do without the Andrew, crab air and the glorious light infantry? Answers to who really cares.com

These "girls" were regulars in bugis street, we were convinced that two of them were RAF blokes from Changi, not sure which now though it was alot of tiger beer ago.

They ran a couple of educational trips to the Tiger Brewery, magic, had to fight to get on the coach, got well educated, pissed as priests at Easter, one bloke broke both legs when he rode a bike he found into a ten foot monsoon drain.

Anyway Peace :hump:

Chortle, the OP made I larf like a drain!

Maple

LE
This is a Pongo site and everyone gets the piss taken, nothing personal, learn to live with it and smile along, just don't tell them you're a mover.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They ran a couple of educational trips to the Tiger Brewery, magic, had to fight to get on the coach, got well educated, pissed as priests at Easter, one bloke broke both legs when he rode a bike he found into a ten foot monsoon drain.

Anyway Peace :hump:

Ah, the old "Monsoon Ditch" story. Haven't heard that one for a few years. Good to see the old urban myths reappearing.

This is a Pongo site and everyone gets the piss taken, nothing personal, learn to live with it and smile along, just don't tell them you're a mover.

Didnt think I was taking anything personal and I really enjoy a bit of piss taking, especially On a pongo site, as I have been informed more than once is what this is.

Anyway I will hang around cos I like it here, making lots of brand new friends and all that.

Been reading the stuff for yonks just thought I would have a post or two.

Made my day, me and the wife havent stopped ******* laughing.

The moving finger writes and having writ moves on :salut:

Didnt think I was taking anything personal and I really enjoy a bit of piss taking, especially On a pongo site, as I have been informed more than once is what this is.

Anyway I will hang around cos I like it here, making lots of brand new friends and all that.

Been reading the stuff for yonks just thought I would have a post or two.

Made my day, me and the wife havent stopped ******* laughing.

The moving finger writes and having writ moves on :salut:

You've got an awfully funny way of making friends pal. Anyway, there are plenty of people on here with some "special" sauce for that chip on your shoulder.