Brown: I must show voters results.

Bit late for that Gordo!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8274122.stm

Gordon Brown has said he accepts that he needs to show voters his financial policies will reap rewards before the general election.

The PM, who is in Pittsburgh for the final day of the G20 summit, told Sky News voters had "suspended judgement".

The PM said the Tories were "completely wrong" in their economic policies.

Labour has been trailing the Tories in the polls and one ex-minister warned this week the party could be "hammered" and out of power for 15 years.

In an interview in the US Mr Brown, who will seek to rally party members at Labour's annual conference in Brighton next week, was asked why he did not appear to be winning over voters at home.

'Losing control'

He said: "I think what people are saying is that until they can see the results of all the action we have taken in getting the economy back to recovery, they have suspended judgment.

"I accept that I have got to show people that the action that we have taken is bringing results and will bring greater results in the months to come."

He said the Conservatives, who opinion polls suggest have been enjoying a double figure lead over Labour since the start of the year, had been "completely wrong" in their opposition to his fiscal stimulus plans.

The opposition party has said public spending cuts should start now to address the budget deficit which is expected to reach £175bn by the end of the financial year. Tory leader David Cameron has said the government is "losing control of the nation's finances".

But Mr Brown told Sky News: "All the evidence internationally is if we hadn't put the stimulus in we couldn't have had anything like the prospect of returning to the growth that we have at the moment."

The G20 summit in Pittsburgh will also discuss when to end the "fiscal stimulus" programmes that are shoring up the global economy with a trillion dollars of government money.

Mr Brown warned against shutting them down too soon: "We don't yet have a recovery. The recovery is not automatic.

"So there's really two things the G20 has to do this week. The first is to make sure that the recovery is certain and so I believe we have got to maintain the fiscal and monetary stimulus for the time being.

"And secondly see how we can work together to ensure there is sustainable long term growth. Without concerted action there is a danger of years of low growth and low employment."

This week Charles Clarke, the former home secretary and a long-time critic of Mr Brown, said in an interview Labour could be "hammered" at the general election - which must be called by next June - and out of power for 10 to 15 years.

He said Mr Brown had convinced himself that voters would eventually reward him for getting Britain through the recession - but suggested he should quit before the election.

He added: "Are we just going to stand by and watch the whole Labour ship crash on to the rocks of May 2010 and sink for a very long time. Or are we going to try and do what we can to stop that happening?"

How long is that it's taken for the penny to drop? Christ on a bike.

The best result he could show us would be his sudden, swift, departure.

So how does all this actually square with Swampo Gordo's bluster about ending "boom and bust" forever?

MsG

Bugsy- there will never be another boom as long as he has anything to do with it, and therefore no bust!

"I must show voters results"

You'd think he'd have come up with that on week one, day one.

I suppose having Cyclops in charge says something about equal opportunities in the UK. It proves that anyone, even an idiot, can become PM.

What worries me is that I'm not altogether sure he's finished yet. I think, despite everything that's happened, that b@stard could still pull off a number and get re-elected. It's the stuff of nightmares I know, but he's not gone till he's gone, and there seems to be a sizable minority of the population who are 'Ashies', nu labour to the fcuking core who'll vote for him regardless.

Pa McBalloon will do what McTeflon has done. Post the election debacle whenever, McRuin will create 'stepping stones' to North America for lucrative Academia to lecture to the gullible and 'un-wise' on his experiences on 'World Statemanship & Economics'.

This weekends Nues Arebiets Partie shindig will possibly be the last one he attends. There are only a few courses of action that McBalloon can take.... of course, one can be totally wrong in all this... he might just announce his stand-down on health grounds...

(a) Soldier on to the bitter end and lead Neus Arbeits to an utter defeat...
(b) Announce his resignation so the blame can be heaped on some other poor sod who takes over as Dear Leader.
or...
(c) Announce a 'National Emergency... and cancel all future elections... or try to...!! ...(there, that's for the conspiracy theorists...)

(b) and (c) are unlikely..... so one has to suspect that he will take to Neus Arbeits into defeat whenever the next election is announced.... then make ready to move family and himself over to Canada, the States, or elsewhere to resume an academic type of lifestyle lecturing the glorious Greenhorns in the Fresher years at Uni.... :p :p :oops: :oops: 8) :?

Just listened to Alisatir Darling twittering on about the need to link bankers bonuses to performance. How about those f#ckers link their performance to something tangible:
- Employ an illegal immigrant = Carry on there baroness!
- Charge dubious expenses = Carry on regardless [insert honourable MPs name!]
- Take loans from colleagues in cabinet, subvert passport application system = do a tour of the commission, get a lordship and return on a trail of slime to "save" the country.
- Use staff allowances to hire your son to do no work = sit out the rest of parliament with full salary AND expenses!
- Go to war (twice) against muslim countries while ignoring requests for resources from the people who you charge to take on the task. = Sign multimillian pund book deal and get appointed "Peace Envoy" to the region you've just enflamed.
- Split responsibility for regulating banks between three public bodies and fail to clarify who is responsible for what. Watch banking system make loads of money for the exchequer and keep stum while the sun shines. Make dubious rules about budgetary controls and then throw them out the window when you are about the break them. = Congratulations, become Prime Minister without a single vote cast.

Have I missed any of this shower in Westminsters "results" :x :x :x :x :x :censored:

I seriously hope for this level of f#ck up Zanu Labour gets consigned to third place and ignomy for a century to think about what they've done like the Liberals.... But that alas is not likly. I need a drink. When will this hour end.

They'll be coming for him with a straight jacket soon.