Brown hints at Afghan troop rise

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mazur_UK, Aug 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rest of the article:

Has cyclops finally caved in to pressure or is he using the BEEB to 'test the water' and see what the ra-action to more troops would be?
  2. Hang on, wasn't it a week or two ago that the government said there'd be no increase in numbers because we couldn't afford it?
  3. I'm sure they were beginning to feel the backlash from the "we can't afford it" excuse.
    If people are putting their lives on the line every day, saying "we can't afford to help them" is just out of order, especially with the immense amount of spending in other areas, I'm sure if it was up to the British people, we'd take out another international loan to keep us going, even if it will mean more tax in the future.

So, they've realised what a colossal mistake it was to refuse any extra troops in theatre, and are trying to make amends...or more likely, trying to look like they're trying to make amends.

4. Yup. Formal decision after summer considering MOD submissions: No extra troops
    Spin on Telly : Hint of more troops.
  5. He needs you out of the country for next years election, if Handledbum allows it
  6. Does anyone believe a single word this oaf Brown utters?

Does anyone believe anything the BBC broadcasts?

If I may answer both of my questions in one word - no!
  7. His hint has about as much going for it as his promise. Fcuk all, it's all lies.