brown forced to testify in Iraq enquiry

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maguire, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. maguire

    maguire LE Book Reviewer

    'Gordon Brown will be forced to give evidence in public to the Iraq War inquiry, it emerged yesterday.

    The Prime Minister will have to answer charges from military commanders that he caused the deaths of British servicemen when he was Chancellor by refusing forces requests for more resources and equipment.

    Sir John Chilcot, the former mandarin heading the inquiry, let it be known yesterday that the Prime Minister, his predecessor Tony Blair and former Downing Street spindoctor Alastair Campbell will all undergo public interrogation.'

    if it comes to pass, it's a start...
  2. Well, he did call for a inquest.... be a bit peevish if he wouldn't stand up and be inquested for his own role.
  3. Not only hearing that Pa Broone will be forced to give evidence, but I hope that Teflon will also be made to give evidence if this inquiry is going to have any meaning. Teflon will probably find some excuse for not appearing...'Its agin his Yumin Rites...' or such excuse.... Maybe his Mrs will represent him..

    Pa Broone will probably find similar reasons for not appearing either...... To save face and not be humiliated in public with all the other 'Earthlings'... 8O
  4. (my bold) He'll take a tip from his pal Berlusconi and be "too ill" to attend.
  5. But will he and the others have to testify under oath?

    Not that telling the truth means anything to these cnuts, or I doubt if any of them have the honour to understand what an oath actually means! :pissedoff:
  6. Oh Brown baby, how you going to get out of this one kid? --- 1% public, the other 99%, class as "official secrets" ?
  7. as it stands, the testimonies of the witnesses will NOT be given under oath. so you can expect obviscation, spin and outright lies.
  8. seaweed

    seaweed LE Book Reviewer

    As if being on oath would make any difference to a politician.
  9. This would be the Prime Minister who took a loyal oath to HMQ then proceeded to sell her country to the EU. What does he care about oaths.
  10. We all know what the outcome will be. Do we really have to waste millions of pounds for nothing? Mind you, the legal people should make a few bob out of it!! --- as is the norm. :evil:
  11. mercurydancer

    mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

    Giving evidence on oath means a lot. If they tell porkies under oath then its perjury. That is the main reason why they wont do it. If its not under oath then its about as substantial as a public house conversation.