Brown fighting for his political skin

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TopBadger, Sep 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, H-Hour is approaching for One-eye. At 1420 GMT he's going to wow us with tales of his great prowess and all that. The BBC seem to expect a number of new policies:

I'm looking forward to watching the cnut die on his ARRSE. Check it out:

If this is THE major policy then he really is doomed. The last time I checked, anyone can access the internet via their LOCAL LIBRARY.

Wonder how many of these PC's will end up on eBay after Mr and Mrs Chav have spent little Jonny's vouncher (tax payers cash) in PC World.

Madness ain't it?

2. What about this bollox about giving all 26 and unders free access to the theatre?

Why the feck should I pay for some chav to go to the theatre? What is that supposed to achieve?
  3. Some pensioners will be making the decision as to eat or heat this winter and this lot are offering a £700 payment for Internet access to children. I f*cking despair.

Thank f*ck they will be gone at the next election.
  4. Something about "Eye-catching initiatives with which I can be personally associated"?

Plus ca change.....
  5. Hes donald ducked- the Labour rank & file will only support policies that require greater spending, there ain't no more money so he can't really announce anything large scale, so hes not really got much chance...
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Of course all the computers will be loaded with educational software etc - no chance of chav parents banning the kids from it and using it as games console, online shopping tool for trainers and shell suits, chatting to their mates and surfing for whatever their tiny brains comprehend as interesting..... :roll:
  7. Even Gordon's so-called friends assert that he is the only one with the experience to lead us through this period of economic turmoil. I can't help feeling that these friends have got tired of backing him up and have now found a polite way of saying: "It's you that's made this mess, now you clear it up."

Frankly, anything that comes out of the same financial think-tank-talk-shop that Gordon presided over for 10 years while our ability to ride out this storm was frittered away on tripe like internet vouchers, veg for the poor (used to buy more chips) and prams for single mothers (the going rate for these is also £700, for which you can buy a Ferrari pram) is pretty much guaranteed to flush this country's economy even further down the pan.
  8. And another electric appliance to add to their fuel bills. What a w@nker !.
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I heard that this morning.

Along with the 'aspirational' nursery places for 2 year olds, my main thought was

'Fiddling whilst Rome Burns'.
  10. How about jobs for all, road sweeping, rubbish collection and general community work. Stop all benefits to encourage the masses

Work or starve, unless you're a spazzer, mongoloid or too old

Tax sky tv and sterilise the criminal and chav classes. Bring back national service and the birch, let coppers do their job even if it includes doling out thick ears

Pay HM forces more, accomodate an equip them well

Award me free booze and floozies for life and a helicoptor and a speaking giraffe and a chalet in the swiss alps

Then I might vote for him
  11. From the BBC link:-
    If I thought he actually meant this I would consider voting for them. This is about as likely as Labour's "education, education, education" and "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime". There is no way Labour will make benefit reforms that encourage people to work. I hope I am wrong.
  12. Welcome to the end of boom ... and get ready for bust!

There you go i have writen his speech for free....
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The theatre thing is at no cost as taxpayers fund most of them anyway through the Arts council. If he thinks these things are whats on the mind of the voter on the street at the moment he's a moron.
  14. I doubt the west end London theaters will be worth the admission if there is a high % of people getting in free.
  15. Bread and games for the proles anyone?

(sans bread of course,it's too f*cking expensive)