Brown escaped snipers in Afghanistan:

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Aug 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brown escaped snipers in Afghanistan:

Report By OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

London

Aug. 31: British Prime Minister Gordon Brown escaped an assassination plot by the Taliban in Kabul during a surprise visit to Afghanistan 10 days ago, according to a report.

Terrorists, who planned to shoot down Mr Brown’s helicopter as he flew over Kabul, were minutes away from an assassination attempt, a report in the News of The World has claimed.

Mr Brown had visited Afghanistan ahead of his trip to China. He met British troops in Helmand province and then went to Kabul to meet Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai for talks.
    More on the link
    http://www.asianage.com/presentation/leftnavigation/news/international/brown-escaped-snipers-in-afghanistan-report.aspx

2. If it wasn't for the fact that Service personnell would have been injured/killed I'd be making comments to the effect of "Oh well, maybe next time" right now.

3. Could carry him as an under-slung load next time.

4. I'll get the rope, and the sniper :twisted:

5. Guess it wasn't a very big surprise visit then....

6. I tried fellas...but the Bowman fcuked up again...I had to get another handset and by the time I got comms with me shooters Broon had pissed off. Ah well maybe nextime eh?

Note: This is not a plan to end the life of our PM......so cyberpigs....don't arrest me....it's a jest.

7. Sounds rather like Hilary running for cover to me :)

8. Believe someone called 'Cherie' had tipped them off..........

9. How does two blokes with rifles on a rooftop turn into "Heroic Gordon Brown avoids assassination attempt"?

10. Forgive my cynicism but isnt Brown doing another "relaunch" of his premiership this week, and isnt it suspicious that this is pure spin on the part of his PR Team? Look at where the announcement was made! In the News of the World FFS.

11. Liarbour PR machine. ;)

Why oh why can't Brown be a good old muslim and become a martyr?

I'd certainly vote for him then.

The trouble is with this obvious and tacky bit of PR spin, there are those that will believe in it and actually give the useless bag of skin support.

Ah, the News of the World. Explains it all. The readers of that particular fishwrapper are one of the reasons why we've had several terms of Liabour.........Thick, poor people.

12. Brown escapes snipers in Afghanistan. Sadly many of the men he and that tosser before him sent there didn't

Maybe a more fitting headline!

13. He may escape the ones in Afghanistan but what about the muslim enclaves in the UK when he does his canvassing for election.

14. What about them?

15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Have we got a helo that is load capable.