Brown Envelope Time?

bibo_boy said:
Had my name put forward for a job that starts in a couple of months, any idea what the timings on hearing anything might be?
Surely, 'Had put my name forward' ?

msr

You must have volunteered and your PSI should be able to tell you. Have you asked?

msr

So who have you be dishonest with:

Delete as appropriate: Mum / Dad / spouse / employer / mates

msr

Actually none really...... :)

Lets just say that I painted the whole process in a slightly different light....

I said they wanted to know of anyone that would be interested.....

And I've said that I've put myself forward as "intestested and available"

Sounds familiar.

Roll back the scene to 2003 - "Is there anybody who would have major problems being mobilised?" No answer.

Now imagine the suppressed laughter at Grantham as our new Regular CO opened his address with "I'd like to thank you all for volunteering..."

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
bibo_boy said:
Had my name put forward for a job that starts in a couple of months, any idea what the timings on hearing anything might be?
It's usually no less than (and often considerably more than) a month from notification to reporting to RTMC. Mobilisation at RTMC is usually 2 weeks, although exceptional cases are zoomed through in far less, and OPTAG training can vary, but mine (for Iraq) was five days. The unit I was joining on Telic, deployed the day I reported to Chilwell. By the time I got to them they had been in theatre for three weeks already.

I don't really know what to tell you ref: best way to ascertain information on your potential deployment. I never actually believed mine was going to happen until the day I got The Brown Envelope. Like yourself, I'd put my name in the hat successively without result and had resigned myself to having to do a Balkan tour instead.

The thing was, RTMC ran cadres right into November for a our that had started at the end of September, so keep the faith mate! Maybe your PSAO can get in touch with someone at APC or your CVHQ?

vampire_one said:
Bibo, Just been told today that I have 10 days to get squared before Chilwell
Can you be clear about this: you've been told or you have received a letter informing you to report to Chilwell on 10 Sep?

msr

No, it's the reality. Your skillset (junior private?) is not needed. Suck it up. The army does not owe you an op tour.

If you are that desperate to go, join the regs.

msr

P.S. Have you thought they might be trying to tell you something?

This is not the best responce.....

Seriously.... If your new... you have no chance of going on ops....

As it's been said, you need to be able to do a specific job out there..

I'd keep the attidute to a min. when people are trying to help you and get some experience....

Took me years!!!!

If a unit is short enough they will take pretty much anyone who can stand up and walk, even those that fail some of the Matts at Chilwell. Just look at those people who did the take off of "Is this the way to Amarillo" you need mongs to empty bins it means useful members aren't tied down and return to being an asset.

Hassle said:
If a unit is short enough they will take pretty much anyone who can stand up and walk, even those that fail some of the Matts at Chilwell. Just look at those people who did the take off of "Is this the way to Amarillo" you need mongs to empty bins it means useful members aren't tied down and return to being an asset.
that was the QDG with some attached from the TA yeomanry - not mongs but those who made up the multiples and more than a few contacts between them.

and now you are slagging off those who managed to pull off one of the best morale coups at the time?

would you like to justify that a bit more?

ugly

LE
No I think he was pointing out that even bins need emptying in war and rather those less able to fill an active task such as patrolling on foot can still be usefull. I'd rather ten GD men were deployed as volunteers rather than 10 riflemen woken up after 1/2 hrs kip to do fatigues! Been there and done that!
The Amarillo vid was made in what suspiciously looked like a big bin and turdis area!