Brown Envelope Time?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bibo_boy, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had my name put forward for a job that starts in a couple of months, any idea what the timings on hearing anything might be?
  2. If you are employed, there is a mandatory 28 days notice to employers, so you'll get at least that long.
  3. msr

msr LE

Surely, 'Had put my name forward' ?

4. Not even sure I've been chosen? But cheers.
  5. msr

msr LE

You must have volunteered and your PSI should be able to tell you. Have you asked?

6. Errrr....

Depends who's reading this...
  7. msr

msr LE

So who have you be dishonest with:

Delete as appropriate: Mum / Dad / spouse / employer / mates

8. Actually none really...... :)

Lets just say that I painted the whole process in a slightly different light....

I said they wanted to know of anyone that would be interested.....

And I've said that I've put myself forward as "intestested and available"
  9. Sounds familiar.

Roll back the scene to 2003 - "Is there anybody who would have major problems being mobilised?" No answer.

Now imagine the suppressed laughter at Grantham as our new Regular CO opened his address with "I'd like to thank you all for volunteering..."
  10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It's usually no less than (and often considerably more than) a month from notification to reporting to RTMC. Mobilisation at RTMC is usually 2 weeks, although exceptional cases are zoomed through in far less, and OPTAG training can vary, but mine (for Iraq) was five days. The unit I was joining on Telic, deployed the day I reported to Chilwell. By the time I got to them they had been in theatre for three weeks already.

I don't really know what to tell you ref: best way to ascertain information on your potential deployment. I never actually believed mine was going to happen until the day I got The Brown Envelope. Like yourself, I'd put my name in the hat successively without result and had resigned myself to having to do a Balkan tour instead.

The thing was, RTMC ran cadres right into November for a our that had started at the end of September, so keep the faith mate! Maybe your PSAO can get in touch with someone at APC or your CVHQ?
  11. Bibo, Just been told today that I have 10 days to get squared before Chilwell
  12. What service/arm Vampire?
  13. msr

msr LE

Can you be clear about this: you've been told or you have received a letter informing you to report to Chilwell on 10 Sep?

14. I was at Chilwell 2 months back and there were plenty of people there who had 10 or even 5 days notice to give to their employers.
  15. Lucky if you get 10 days notice pack now mate...