Brown: Economy is like Rooneys ankle

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by catherine_r, Apr 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a stupid statement to make...I can't believe our Prime minister of this once Great country has said that....Gordon Brown to the Hole!

2. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

You can't believe such a naked attempt at populism? You sure? Really sure?

:D

3. I know.... :D

4. Cold_Collation

Ah well. It'll all be over on the 6th. Hopefully.

5. And do you think 'call me Dave' is any good?

I'm only voting Conservative because of one person....William Hague....thats my only reason...

6. Cold_Collation

I think as a country it's a tragedy that for many years we've voted for the least worst rather than the best.

It makes the current mob's 'exporting of democracy' - while actually being elected on less than a majority vote because of voter apathy and boundary issues, and while limiting civil liberties at home - all the more galling.

I also think the Tories would be smart to throw the next election. We might actually see some heads on spikes as a result, as Brown's follies (and while I abhor Blair, it is Brown who's held the purse strings since 97) come home to roost. I've a good bottle I'd drink if that were to happen. Then, once the hangover, had passed, I'd offer to help put right a lot of the wrongs that have been done these last years.

Oh, and throw in the grinning spiv facing a war crimes court and I'd be happy. More so if he were tarred, feathered and forced to run a gauntlet of the families whose nearest and dearest were killed in this name of his place in the history books. That'd take me up to Christmas.

I agree on Hague, though. My frustration there is that we don't hear enough of him at the moment.

Yours from Temperance Towers,

Cold Collation

7. Our economy is more like Jordan's f@nny - well and truly fcuked

8. Cold_Collation

Oh, I like that one A_M.

9. Well maybe the Conservatives can make the Economy a little more like mine then...

:giggle:

10. Cold_Collation

Sitting here chuckling at that. Thank you.

11. A badly packed kebab :? :? :?

How does that work then?

12. Our economy is already a gaping chasm of nothingness

13. I can't see why the poor PM is getting slated for this:

Alleged star performer for team in red is crocked in time for crucial contest; blue team turns up and nicks the game. Graceless Scot then throws temper tantrum, blaming everyone and everything other than his own failures in decision making, throwing things at his minions in process. Seems a spot on analogy to me.

Or have I misunderstood what Brown was trying to say?

14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

He was trying to explain it in terms his core supporters would understand
    After all they are sitting at home in Man Utd shirts and a can of Stella in their hands
    Whinging about Thatcher and waiting for the dole money to come in whilst complaining about how badly done by they are only having a 5 bedroom house for their 7 kids 6 Plasmas and 6 Playstation 3's
    He's reliying on hem to vote for him to nick the odd vote here and there for a hung parliment