Brown confused over oil prices

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Dec 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

In in a thread a while back, just after Broon had visited the leaders of OPEC in the ME to ask them to increase production to help the global economy I paraphrased what could have been said, and it went along the lines of . . .

"Broon: Hey guys, the UK economy is REALLY in the sh!t right now, and it would be great if you could get me off the hook by increasing production, after all, it's your fault, not mine this whole thing . . ."

"OPEC: Jog along you tube, it's your taxes that constitute over 60% of the cost of fuel in the UK, and it's your policies that are the ruination of your country . . . "

Well, looks like I was right too. I'm very sorry to say that however as it means that YET ANOTHER organisation is adding its voice to the multitude, from foreign statesmen and governments, to citizens around the UK, to global financial institutions, to anyone else with even a fraction of a wit that he is a complete spakker and has destroyed the wealth of the UK.

Who will rid us of this clown? :evil:
  2. Its not just oil prices the pratt is confused about :x
  3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

He always seems to forget about the tax
    You would think we get everything tax free the way he talks
    Anyway no doubt he'll find someone else to blame shortly
  4. is educational as our (US) incoming Dear Leader is a bird of the same feather with Brown.

All hail the Messiah Obama, taxes will be raised on petrol as it is an evil ;-)
  5. the_boy_syrup

Another argument that gets on my tits
    Oh were taxing cars off the road to save the world
    What a load of sh1t why not just say we want the money

I put my car in for a service last week and decided to catch the bus to work
    What a ****ing shambles a 15 minute car ride was a 1 hour bus ride around York at £1:80 ago
    Ended up walking it took me about 45 mins quicker and cheaper than the bus almost as cold and wet too :x
  6. I bet you deny the Holocaust as well.

The earth is warming so much it snowed in Las Vegas for the first time in 30 years.

This is dire, we need to tax petrol out of existence there is NO OTHER WAY!
  7. Just heard the OPEC boss on the wireless.

Come on Cameron! Get a grip and start OPPOSING this disgraceful oik!!!

Brown has NO clue: currently, it is certain that apparatchiks behind the scenes are fuelling his words and directing his actions.

Brown is a psychologically flawed opportunist, who, through the stupidity of the Tory party and the paucity of any talent or intellect in Labour, and his bullying of the third rate 'spiv' Bliar, has, like certain brown disgusting things, risen to the 'top' of the lavatory pan that is 'Westminster'.

In addition, he is extremely dangerous and must be stopped destroying what is left of this once great nation.
  8. I've got the same situation here. £1.20 for a train journey that I can do faster on foot if theres any delays at all and there are delays most days. Packed it in over a year ago, saved £350, and am hardly late for work any more (repercussions of being on the lash dont count)
    Public transport sucks.

The earth is warming so much it snowed in Las Vegas for the first time in 30 years. ........ anyone want to explain this earth warming = snow in vegas thing? :wink:
  9. Is easy; it is so hot that the cold has escaped to Vegas as a last resort to survive. The cold is being forced to areas of last resort. It was in New Orleans just a few days ago before being forced to Vegas.

My DOG man get a clue we are warming beyond belief, we are doomed! The cold weather is rebelling, against the warming and is attacking the unsuspecting.
  10. the_boy_syrup

Nope my grandads brother died in Auschwitz....

He fell out of a watch tower :wink:

But it did snow in Las Vegas 30 years ago so it's not a new thing bet if you got the history books out it would have snowed before that too
    Remember the Titanic hit an iceberg in 1912
    A large bit of ice that fell of the polar cap and just floated away nobody screamed Global warming sinks big fekcing boat

I can agree with that I find it hard to believe that in this day and age there is no vaible alternative to the combustion engine
    Now that the US (and shortly the UK) Goverments effectively own the car industries perhaps we will see a speeding up off developments with regard to alternative fuels

I don't have an objedction to the tax in principle but I wish it would get spent on alternatives like decent public transport

It's the C.A. thread Sven will be along in a minute to tell me its all bullsh1t and the Lib Dems are spending it on luxury bus's etc
  11. You must be a fair bit outside York - two miles out to the town centre only takes me 15min. The £1.80 is gauling as though as half the time I'm the only one who's paying - stupid coffin dodging over-60s! :twisted:
  12. Are we talking abut that magnificently philanthropic organisation of Oil Producing Countries, OPEC? Or some charity by the same name?

I was unsure you see, as when these humanitarians were keeping oil production short to keep prices high, I wondered whose well-being they were most concerned with.

Yes UK Petroleum Taxes are high , they were when oil was $25.00 a barrel. OPEC however, instead of taking a 'world view' did exactly the opposite, when world economies were on the motorway to the toilet.

So I'm tempted to say something short, spiky and very possible intemperate, to counter the clever remarks of Mr. El-Badri.
  13. Knock yerself out PTP
    However the man is right is he not?
    Brown had the power at any time to take the pain out of fuel costs but chose not too. Brown hasn't suffered, he doesn't even drive and the taxpayer foots the bill for all his travel.
    The thousands put out of work by fuel costs will probably agree with OPEC.
    Stable oil prices would be nice, less tax on fuel (and thus every single item traded in the UK) might have slowed or helped prevent the current slide into financial disaster we are looking at now.
    I can think of 30 or 40 blokes known to me personally who's jobs/business went down the pan in the last couple of years due to fuel prices. I know of other business were over half the workforce is now on the dole for the same reason.
    Fuel cost in this country has long had one simple over-riding cause. Tax.
    Brown bled the country dry on taxation while the going was good, as soon as the economy slowed there is nothing left in the pot and we are all payng for it. Unless you are a fully expensed and pensioned MP of course.

Bitter? Who me? Not half as bitter as the people sitting at home on the Dole. OPEC didn't do it, Brown did.
  14. Its not just a case of Brown did it or OPEC did it they both had a hand in it dontcha know.
  15. I thought the latest bit of "delicious irony" was Lord Voldemort suggesting that the Government might bail out Jaguar/LandRover to the tune of squillions because they can't sell any cars.

1. Jaguar/LandRover is now owned by a very wealthy Indian.
    2. Just last week, the various Labour factions were trying to tax the cars built by Jaguar/LandRover off the planet's surface.

Can someone please explain to me, in words of one syllable, what has changed and why the taxpayer should bail out Jaguar/LandRover and an Indian citizen?

If they want to sell their cars, drop the prices!