Brown breaks rules on rental income

Buying back the gold reserves?? I'll get my covert coat

The Torygraph explains all:

"........the committee found Mr Brown had reduced his allowances claims to account for the extra income".

ashie said:

"........the committee found Mr Brown had reduced his allowances claims to account for the extra income".

Ahhh thankyou Ashie, that explains it all.
Mr Brown has not been sneaky with the money at all, he just doesn't understand the rules on expenses claims.

Lord Peter, aren't you due to debate in the Lords this afternoon or are you finished for the weekend?

jagman said:
ashie said:

Mr Brown has not been sneaky with the money at all, he just doesn't understand the rules on expenses claims.
As for the rules:

"The Commons authorities were also criticised for giving the MP bad advice when he consulted them about the arrangement".

Its all in the small print ..... just like:

No more boom and bust

As a country we must follow the golden rule of not spending more than 40% of GDP

we must only borrow to invest

we will have a prudent fiscal policy

inflation and mass unemployment are to be a thing of the past

we will never go cap in hand to the IMF again

we will not squander our future inheritance

no increase in taxation

ashie said:
jagman said:
ashie said:

As for the rules:

"The Commons authorities were also criticised for giving the MP bad advice when he consulted them about the arrangement".
How nice, I'll try that on the Inland Revenue, let's see whether they accept that their bad advice gets me off the hook, or do you reckon they'll just say pay up or else.

Once again one of our representitves gets caught up with failing in simple admin, how the h*ll do they expect us to trust them with the big things when they consistantly cock up the little ones.