Brown breaks rules on rental income

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Feb 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently neither he nor the Labour Party made a profit from it.
    So where did the money go then?

2. No monetary gain?! Hmm where did those thousands of pounds go then I wonder!!

3. Buying back the gold reserves?? I'll get my covert coat

4. The Torygraph explains all:

"........the committee found Mr Brown had reduced his allowances claims to account for the extra income".

5. Ahhh thankyou Ashie, that explains it all.
    Mr Brown has not been sneaky with the money at all, he just doesn't understand the rules on expenses claims.

6. The Torygraph explains all:

"........the committee found Mr Brown had reduced his allowances claims to account for the extra income".

Lord Peter, aren't you due to debate in the Lords this afternoon or are you finished for the weekend?

7. As for the rules:

"The Commons authorities were also criticised for giving the MP bad advice when he consulted them about the arrangement".

8. So it wasnt Brown's fault at all then ashie, can he not read......

Oops I forgot its all in small print!

9. Its all in the small print ..... just like:

No more boom and bust

As a country we must follow the golden rule of not spending more than 40% of GDP

we must only borrow to invest

we will have a prudent fiscal policy

inflation and mass unemployment are to be a thing of the past

we will never go cap in hand to the IMF again

we will not squander our future inheritance

no increase in taxation

10. How nice, I'll try that on the Inland Revenue, let's see whether they accept that their bad advice gets me off the hook, or do you reckon they'll just say pay up or else.

11. Once again one of our representitves gets caught up with failing in simple admin, how the h*ll do they expect us to trust them with the big things when they consistantly cock up the little ones.