brown boot polish

As the other chap said - leder gris is recommended by Altberg. Whatever you do don't use Kiwi Dark Tan - you'll turn your boots an interesting shade of purple if you do!
Why would you want to?
We were sized up for them months ago and still nothing. Yet I bet I see the clothing storeman cutting about it a pair ... the fat ****.
I ended up buying my own in the end due to having unnaturally wide feet and only Altberg have ever fitted properly! Cant complain, my last pair lasted 5 years.
Did the promise of a choice of boots ever come to fruition or is it a case of take whatever the storeman throws at you ?
In theory there is a choice in all styles. For High Liability the choice is between Altberg Defender and Haix Scout. In some units the choice is made by individual soldiers but in other units its made higher up.
Don't buy em - go to Dr, explain issued boots are destroying feet - Dr agrees (or not) issues magic chit - altberg make boots that fit - Army pays bill.

ofc, the new range of boots should alleviate that, in theory.
Got my issue brown boots this week, in the box was a tube of brown 'polish', comes in a bottle with the sponge thing on the end. You know, the way civvies 'polish' their shoes. Probably not going to shine very well so I wonder how long before RSMs start demanding we get some real polish on there?
Dont polishem - they turn purple. Use Altberg Ledergris or Grangers G wax.
With ref to another thread running about the EFI, i can guarantee you that any NAAFI or EFI wont have any of the above on the shelves for any part of a particular tour.

Dont polishem - they turn purple. Use Altberg Ledergris or Grangers G wax.
Won't Kiwi neutral colour wax work? I rang the Lowa Military UK distributors and after trying to get me to buy some gash cream or other conceded that a neutral wax should work.

Has anyone tried it? I started to put some Kiwi Dark Tan on but luckily stopped in time, hopefully the little amount of polish won't dye the leather.
We've heard various versions of what to use from various different people in my unit, but almost all have come to the consensus that Kiwi Dark Tan and other brands of dark tan make your boots look like something from a seventies stage show with their interesting colours.

Kiwi mid tan does, however, seem to do a decent job and I have found that the dreaded civvy liquid polish with a sponge that kiwi make in brown does a half decent job, and is so far the only thing i have found which effectively covers the scuffs and scrapes on all that extra plastic on the toe and sides of the Haix high-liability boot.