Brown and Black cable

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ugly, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Quick request folks, anyone got a couple of drums or know where I can get some?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Why do I want it? To blow shit up of course, D10 is too HR and I dont have access to brown and black since leaving!
    I have found the makers page but that looks a bit flash, an RCK firer dynamo would look chavvy after that I'd want a pucker shrike to use that drum, mind I cant find my dynamo any more so if anyone has the odd one of those I' in the market!

3. Well it also makes pretty decent speaker cable, allegedly.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its very low resistance which helps!

5. Err are you alright Ugly? No one has been messing you about have they? Now your not going to do something you might regret are you old chap?

6. I hope he is.
    I hope they have.
    I hope he does.
    I hope I'm there to watch/see it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nothing of the sort, I just like blowing up shit and have the space to do so!

8. The older stuff is all copper wire and did indeed make great speaker cable for the…err…Mess. The replacement is coated steel which doesn’t have the same low resistance but we tend to make more use of remote means for longer distances now.

If you are going to play for long term I’d recommend that you bury a decent cable from your firing point to near your pit and then use a cheaper sacrificial cable to run to your detting up point. Will save time and money in the long run.

9. I don't know abot brown and black but I have a couple of rolls of black & brown in the store somewhere and no you can't have it you civie c*nt ^~

• Like Like x 1
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ahem err ex serviceman **** please!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can't you get a couple of the lads to paint the black brown and the brown black.

After all if you use it the wrong way round it might not work!

• Like Like x 2
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

CAARPS are you admitting to being a Norman? I must dig out some crab mates (at least mates when I want something) and see if their suppliers can supply?

13. It happens to us all eventually when we are too old and grumpy to do anything else. By the time the army could obtain it on SS3 the crabs could have got it and sent it back 5 times and still delivered it 3 days early :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Only joking I like to wind up crabs. I worked with a Rockape from 2 sqn so I used to lleave him a penguin biscuit in a pink wrapper at every opportunity. I swear he wasnt bright enough to get the hint!

Mind you as for getting stuff before the army its probably confiscated my movers!