Brother of terror raid men took part in Prophet cartoon demo

mora

War Hero
Mohammed Abdullah Hasnath, left, poses alongside a mock suicide bomber at the demonstration When this photograph of a man dressed up as a suicide bomber was published around the world, it caused widespread disgust. But today it has taken on a more significant meaning, for the man on the left is an older brother of the suspects arrested during last Friday's controversial terror raid in East London.

Banners waved during that demonstration in London featured slogans including "Europe, your 9/11 will come" and - in an apparent reference to the four July 7 suicide bombers - "Europe you will pay, fantastic 4 are on their way".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260284,00.html

Pic 'proves' raid was right

Bitter rally ... Hasnath with scarf over face next to the mock suicide bomber at demo

By JOHN KAY and
MIKE SULLIVAN

SECURITY chiefs say this is the picture that proves they were right to order the “poison bomb” raid.

The suspects’ elder brother Mohammed Abdullah Hasnath is caught on camera taking part in the hate-filled London march against anti-Islam cartoons in a Danish newspaper.

He waves a black flag and tries to cover his face with a scarf as he stands beside two other protesters — including Omar Khayam, 22, who is dressed as a suicide bomber.

Hasnath joined in the controversial demo in February while on day release from jail where he is serving six years for a firearms offence.

He gave as his home the address in Forest Gate, East London, where police carried out last Friday’s raid.

His brothers Mohammed Abdul Kahar, 23, and Abul Koyair, 20, were arrested as 250 police officers swooped following an MI5 tip-off.

Kahar was wounded by a firearms officer’s gun. Both are held and have been quizzed.

Quizzed ... suspect Kahar

Kohair will face a hearing via videolink at Bow Street magistrates today as cops apply for an extension to his detention.

A solicitor read out a statement from him last night, saying: “I still maintain that I am completely innocent.”

Anti-terror cops were still searching the house yesterday for bomb clues. Security sources said the link with Hasnath justified the raid.

One said: “It is highly significant that there is a link between Hasnath and the brothers. Hasnath took part in an anti-West demo and was seen associating with the mock suicide bomber Khayam.

“He gave the prison authorities the address where the raid was carried out as his home. He certainly lived there before he was jailed. This only helps to prove that we were 100 per cent right to carry out that raid.”

Hasnath was on day release from Springhill Open Prison, Bucks, when he attended the London rally.

Marchers’ banners proclaimed “Britain you will pay — 7/7 on its way”.

Hasnath was returned to jail for breaching parole.

Khayam — a convicted drug dealer — had also been released on licence and was immediately sent back to jail.

Last Friday Hasnath, who has a different father to the two brothers, flew into a rage in his cell when he heard of the raid.

Fellow inmates heard him shout: “That’s my brother, that’s my brother. I want to break free, I want to get out of here.”

As a result of the outburst, he was moved to Grendon top security prison in Bucks.

PM Tony Blair last night strongly defended the police raid, saying he backed them “101 per cent”.

He said it was their “duty” to “go and do everything possible” to foil terror plots.
His brother, Omar Khayam, the demonstrator who dressed up as a suicide bomber, had apologised for his behaviour. Pictures of Omar Khayam, a Muslim protester who dressed as a suicide bomber, will be among those studied by the Scotland Yard team. Others showed demonstrators wielding placards threatening a repeat of the September 11 and July 7 attacks and calling for the beheading of those responsible for the cartoons.

I'm sorry, says 'suicide bomber'
(Filed: 07/02/2006)

Omar Khayam reads his apology to the press outside his home

A Muslim protester who dressed as a suicide bomber apologised "wholeheartedly" yesterday to the families of victims of the July 7 bombings and said it was not his aim to cause offence.

Omar Khayam, a convicted drug dealer, said he hoped that he would never have to make such a protest again.

Speaking outside his home in Bedford, he added that his protest remained valid because of the hurt caused to Muslims around the world by the publication of a series of cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed.

Accompanied by the chairman of his local mosque and Patrick Hall, the MP for Bedford, he said: "I found the pictures deeply offensive as a Muslim and I felt the Danish newspaper had been provocative and controversial, deeply offensive and insensitive.

"Just because we have the right of free speech and a free media, it does not mean we may say and do as we please and not take into account the effect it will have on others.

"But by me dressing the way I did, I did just that, exactly the same as the Danish newspaper, if not worse. My method of protest has offended many people, especially the families of the victims of the July bombings.

"This was not my intention. What happened in July was a tragedy and un-Islamic. I do not condone these murderous acts, do not support terrorism or extremism and would like to apologise unreservedly and wholeheartedly to the families of the victims.

"I understand it was wrong, unjustified and insensitive of me to protest in this way."

Asked if he would make a similar protest again, he replied: "No, I would not do it again, it has caused offence to a lot of people. I did not want to provoke any violence, it was just to make a point."

Mr Khayam, 22, was among demonstrators outside the Danish embassy in London on Friday. Some wielded placards threatening a repeat of the September 11 and July 7 attacks.

Patrick Hall, the Labour MP for Bedford, who stood beside Khayam as he read his apology on Monday, said he was unaware of the conviction but still took the apology at face value. Khayam, was said to be relatively intelligent, but also "extremely naive".

Khayam's father, a retired teacher, and mother are divorced, said Muhammed Khan, a borough councillor and family friend.

Mr Khan added: "This is an embarrassment to my constituents. The community does not think this is pleasant. We can't condone it. He's a young, naive person."
Here is a video

From The NEFA Foundation, video of the Islamic demonstration in London earlier this month outside the Danish embassy. (Running time 11:23.)

(Click picture to play video. Requires Windows Media Player.)

Oh dear his brother was photographed by plod on a demo, must be guilty then, best to shoot him......er....... already have......er.........

Why does the words intelligence led and Metropolitan Police seem not to go together :?

Please tell me they had more than this link to base their raid on. 8O :roll: :?

Still what goes around comes around and if you go all righteous over cartoons and dress up as the sidekick of a suicide bomber don't be surprised our pie eating finest put 2 and 2 together and make 8 :roll:

By the way as he was not a real bomber in this photo does it qualify him a walt as well? :wink:

As they say in Scotland..."If you lie down with pigs, you'll get covered in glaur (mud)"...

Does anyone think that a potential terrorist would attend such a demo and be photographed with a mock suicide bomber? Hardly keeping a low profile and blending in with the community is it..........

If it dresses like a suicide bomber then it is a suicide bomber , the police cannot take any chances ,.
Can I just remind the muslims that if they don't like the way things are in the UK there is one great freedom , the freedom to leave .

One said: “It is highly significant that there is a link between Hasnath and the brothers. Hasnath took part in an anti-West demo and was seen associating with the mock suicide bomber Khayam.

“He gave the prison authorities the address where the raid was carried out as his home. He certainly lived there before he was jailed. This only helps to prove that we were 100 per cent right to carry out that raid.”
:?: That has got to be one of the all time pathetic reasons I have ever heard.

Using that logic the plod would have to arrest and/or shoot a couple of hundred (possibly thousands) of people who took part in "anti-west" demonstrations.

I hope this is not the offical response and only one cop talking bollocks.

hansvonhealing said:
Does anyone think that a potential terrorist would attend such a demo and be photographed with a mock suicide bomber? Hardly keeping a low profile and blending in with the community is it..........
:D m8 they are not that bright ' would you blow yourself up for jesus ' 72 virgins and a bag of pork scratchings like f**k i hear you say :D a genuine slip of the trigger finger just like the de menzes case , in fact its the same bloke i bet :D

hansvonhealing said:
Not as you and I know it. BUT we are not dealing with rational people.

The use of violence or the threat of violence in order to inculcate fear in order to advance a political or religious cause is one thing: Terrorism. This demo wasn't a demo, it was an act of terrorism. Those taking part and threatening to kill are terrorists. How many of these Islamic terrorists have been charged? Perhaps the police would have been better off having a few ND's in their direction. Pass me that Glock please constable!!

hansvonhealing said:
Exactly, hah-ha! Where would be the best place to hide? In plain sight!

How many IRA terrorists have popped on an orange sahs in order to get close to target?

How many members of the Stern Gang popped on their old British uniforms for terrorist (oops freedom fighting) operations versus the British in Palestine?

If you think on straight lines be prepared to be outflanked every time...

Rational logic would dictate so, but sadly it's not evident in these idiots.

They don't want to blend in with the community, they want the community to blend in with them.

They need to take extreme measures so they can get there media attention,whether it hurts the muslim image or makes them look good i don't know,anjem choudary gets all the media he wants.but his followings are low.