Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brother just died, some of you might have known him

haggler

War Hero
No idea where to put this, so put it here
Brother was called Ray Church and was a twin stripe in Reme. Did 14 years in then nearly 20 on Rheindahlen jhq as Mod security
Just in case anyone on here knew him.
Died of TB/sepsis in James Paget hospital.
3 tours of paddy land, Lisburn and a few in Germany etc.

Brother was called Ray Church and was a twin stripe in Reme. Did 14 years in then nearly 20 on Rheindahlen jhq as Mod security

RIP your Brother.
I never met him but he served 14 years and never got cought doing naughty stuff.
Sounds like a good lad

(Ex)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
sorry to hear that.

I hope it was quick for everyones sake.

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer

Didn't know him.

Sounds like a good sort.

Sorry you've lost him, for what that's worth.

Yep, sooo important you just had to post it on a site inhabited by self obsessed, bitter and twisted gaylords....

But, someone on here will know him RIP

Top bloke

FYI My younger Bruv is lowly succumbing to Korsakoff's syndrome bought on by a head injury , I aint telling you fecks no more about it

Haggler, I’m another who didn’t know your brother.
Please accept my condolences and pass on to the family.

I’m just up the road in Lowestoft, don’t hesitate to ask if you or your family require anything. Fear Naught.

Haggler, I’m another who didn’t know your brother.
Please accept my condolences and pass on to the family.

I’m just up the road in Lowestoft, don’t hesitate to ask if you or your family require anything. Fear Naught.
My father lived in Lowestoft & died in the James Paget.

@haggler... My condolences also and may your brother RIP.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep, sooo important you just had to post it on a site inhabited by self obsessed, bitter and twisted gaylords....

But, someone on here will know him RIP

Top bloke

FYI My younger Bruv is lowly succumbing to Korsakoff's syndrome bought on by a head injury , I aint telling you fecks no more about it

I am genuinely sorry to hear about that, my auntie had a friend who ran a care home for that type of thing back in the 90s not one over 40.

I assume he's on here somewhere then with all the sanitiser drinkers we have amongst the alumni

Luckily for him you are around. A sensible, calm head. I do mean that.

I am genuinely sorry to hear about that, my auntie had a friend who ran a care home for that type of thing back in the 90s not one over 40.

I assume he's on here somewhere then with all the sanitiser drinkers we have amongst the alumni

Thank you.

What can we do but let him live his remaining years doing the one thing that he seems to live/die, for?.

If we deny him access to dosh he then goes and shoplifts his 'supplies' in a shuffling, smelly, unkempt way, so we have agreed to keep him with enough shekels to at least pay for his daily amount.

It does make me think back to our childhoods when he was always the youngest and getting into even more trouble then me and think that it was always something there and now bought to the surface with the head injury .

I fecked off to the mob leaving him to develop various other 'habits'. At least now he is only on the most accessible type .

Mum's 80 this year, i'm torn between hoping he outlives her before we finally put him in a care home

Yep, life has its situations that show us all how precious good health is.

Last edited:
Moving back to the OP as it’s his thread and you said “I aint telling you fecks no more about it”,
@haggler Sorry to hear about your brother

Last edited:
If he was REME, The Craftsman magazine has a deaths column where you might want to post a notice. If you write a short obit also, they will probably print it - despite its size, the REME is a surprisingly 'small' family and someone should know him. Also, if he was in the Association, an email to Stuart Cowan at Lynham will quickly be passed around the branches.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Rest in peace Mr Church.

Sorry for your loss Haggler.

First off, RIP to your brother.
When was he in JHQ? I worked in Rheindahlen from 93-2013 and frequently went to the Main Building and was on nodding terms with most of the security people there.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Condolences to your family, hope your Brother RIP.

Latest Threads