Broons 80 tax rises in full

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stoatman, Jun 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=389284&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=&ct=5

This has meant that "Tax Freedom Day" (the day at which you stop working exclusively for Grasing Gordy and start working for yourself if you are Mr/Mrs average) has moved from May 25 in 1997 to June 3 in 2006, so is therefore equivalent to nine days' gross pay.

Have any people genuinely seen any improvements to Britain which justify this? I certainly haven't. I'm sure if you're one of the people at whom Broon throws other people's cash (chavs, Crapita execs, Broon's target voter block, etc) then I'm sure you'll think it's marvellous. If you're one of the people who have had the sheer temerity to save some money for your retirement and not rely 100% on Nanny Broon's deep pockets, and therefore get absolute peanuts from the state pension into which you have paid your whole working life, your opinion will probably differ.

2. I don't know what you are moaning about, some has to pay for £1,760.00 per person subsidy that is given to Scotland to keep the Scottish MP sweet so they keep on voting for things in England that they would not vote for in Scotland.

3. Once we have independence, we shall of course seek reparations from The Scottish Parliament for damages to our economy.