Broon: The American Adventure

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Apr 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Gordon Brown will today urge Wall Street bankers to show greater transparency in revealing the extent of their losses to help bring a quick end to the global credit crunch."

And after they have stopped laughing will tell him, just as the British banks did yesterday, to fcuk a very long way off.

But wait: there is more:

Asked about the U.S. presidential candidates' varying positions on withdrawal from Iraq, Brown said the British experience showed that reducing troop levels was feasible.

"We've been able to move to a situation where we are training the forces — not actually involved in the combat itself," he said. "We're in a position where we have been able to drawdown. So we've been able to prove that you can actually reduce the numbers."

Have I missed something???
  2. He's nuts. Corporations run the planet now. Greed is destroying the planet faster than I thought possible.

If he offered some sort of financial incentive to get them to come here, AND get some ethical business practices going , (Growing food riots anyone?) and rewarded for doing so he might still pull it off.
  3. He's crazy. Completely and utterly gone in the head. He clearly has no idea whats going on.
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Forgive me paraphrasing:

"Well, you see Mr Broon, whut we've done here is switch all our bad sub-prime risks into attractive new 'gold-plated' packages in the hope that some sucker (preferable outside the good ol' US of A) would pick them up hoping to make huge and unreasonable profits. As luck would have it, we managed to get some of them there UK fools to buy these risks, and so, they are now your problem. We suggest that you go speak to the morons who run your banks in the UK and ask them how they could be so stupid - twice!! Remember the old reinsurance thing that got Lloyds and others really badly stung? Well, we didn't honestly believe that you limeys would fall for the same stunt twice, but yeeehaaaawww you did - now, I got to go play golf Mr Broon, so, I'll get my secretary to see you out, goodbah sucker!"
  5. He is totally out of his depth. At least Healey had an excuse, but this is insane. He's just realised Bliar has left him with a poisoned chalice. We haven't been governed for years. It's been democracy by focus group.

He hasn't the first idea, and the planets going to hell. He might just realise, in the wake of growing food and staples riots in Africa (Zimbabwe farms anyone?) and elsewhere, that effective worldwide delegation of production of materials, not making money for the sake of it, is the only answer.

That and nationalising Afghan poppy :twisted:

Oil at $110.00 a barrel? How the fcuk is that happening? How the fcuk has it been allowed to happen?
  6. Think he picked the same time as some ex nazi was visting to aplogise for his underling shagging every kid they could get hold of .So he didnt get much publicity.
  7. You were not paying attention PTP

It will be $120 in six months and $190 within three years - or that’s what qualified serious people tell me. You lot should start planning for it both personally and professionally because they are.

Wall Street actually needs the giggle the Sub Prime Minister is giving them, not that they will cut him, or us, a break.
  8. sorry double post. :oops:
  9. Oh really PTP?! How very Guardianista of you, Brown and his 'massive intellect ' has had NOTHING TO DO with where we are now?

Its ALL and only Blair's fault?
  10. To be honest as a tax 8) :lol: Fcuk you all, your mess deal with it :D I'm sure Brown has a welfare scheme tailored for you all :wink:

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

But as a dollar is worth about threepence-ha'penny, oil isn't REALLY that expensive at all, is it?

What I want to know is why my LPG car fuel has gone up between 5p and 10p a litre!
  12. The poisoned chalice being overdependence on the USA. An over-expectation that the USA would always "see us right". After all, we're shoulder to shoulder with them on T.W.A.T aren't we?

Brown didn't instigate that belief in the grand delusion, Blair did. We got conned on an epic scale, and Blair was a willing and eager party to it.

Brown is simply exposed as being so far out of his depth, he hasn't the first idea of how to make it right. He's in a panic because the whole thing is coming unravelled faster than anyone could predict.
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Bowlarks mate - Gordon Broon has been RUNNING (read 'ruining') our economy as chancelor and then as PM since Labliar got into power - UK economy not fit enough to ride a global recession like other EU countries can? Gordon Broon! No money in the national kitty? Gordon Broon! No Gold again? Gordon Broon! Huge national debt again? Gordon Broon! Stupid interest rates and poor banking practices leading to easy debt for millions that become unafordable within even a fractional increase in interest rates? Gordon Broon!

It's him I tell you - JUST him! :evil:
  14. If it goes peared shaped in Iraq after/if we leave, then $110 a barrel will seem cheap.