Broon Promises Olympic Athletes Recognition in Honours Lists

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ham-shank, Aug 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not content with patronising the troops in Afghanistan, the grinning, one-eyed, deformed, Thunderbird puppet-headed fat cnut has now declared that Olympic athletes are to be 'recognised' for their achievements with Honours List gongs. Why?

They already have their gongs for running, swimming, riding or paddling faster than anyone else, wtf do they need any more recognition for? Is this just typical Broon cynically basking in the glory of others, or is he just cynically using the Olympics as a good news opportunity to get his slack-jawed gob on the box without having to talk about the sh!t state of the country he's supposed to be 'leading'.

Answers on a postcard to the Editor, The Daily Mail etc. etc.

2. Have you noticed that as soon as Jonah Brown mentions the Olympics, we slump to 4th in the medals table? F*cking jinx.

3. So losing limbs, brain matter etc gets you a shit payout, getting an olympic medal gets you an MBE? What a fcuking discrace.
    It's like all the award giving to England RLFU when they won the world cup, every fecker got one (unlike the world cup quad of 66).
    The best chance our injured soldier have is becomming a para-olymipian! Broon in cnut.

4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Broon will bask in anyone's glory, on the basis that the cnut has no glory of his own.
    But, of course, it's Bliar's fault [The People's Prince Arrse] for starting the excessive award of National Honours to people who had already been honoured by winning medals already.

I'll accept the occasional bling for long service, and putting things back into the community as coaches or whatever ... but if they give Big-Nose anything for being a 19-yo Water Torpedo I'll switch on my outrage meter and ssscccwweeeeem. The girl done good, 2 Olympic Golds is BZ in anyone's book: an instant National Award as well is just a forking joke.

Thank God/Buddha/Allah/Ganesh [and all the rest of them] that there'll be a Tory Gummint by 2012.

5. Mr Broon has been telling Kay Burley of Sky News, that of course he will still be Prime Minister by Christmas! 8O

That means we'll still have to put up with that monotonous drone.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. Broon? I think you'll find that it's 'Brown', you whining bunch of illiterate f*cks.

7. blue-sophist

I do believe Bonzo Dog got it right.

MBE for Bonzo Dog?

8. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Don't say Broon - say Cyclops.

9. blue-sophist

Or The Right Honourable Member ...
    and First Lard of the Treasury, of course.

Now, where were we? and why?

10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Ham-shank, ABSOLUTELY AGREE.

People who give up their time up and down the country to coach kids in sport for no money - they and others who give their time and skills gratis to the community - they are the ONLY people who should get State Honours except for cases of real courage and self-sacrifice & sticking their necks out when they don't have to. And NOT for plodding along in either the amred or civil service until they come to the main gate and a pension.

11. blue-sophist

Yes .. that's where we were, and ABSOLUTELY AGREE as well.

The occasional exceptional "time and time again" performer [Mick Gault MBE, Sir Steven Redgrave] I'll accept.
    "Double-Tapping" the awards is just so ... American? :roll:

12. Isn't it ironic that Broon is so happy to see gold coming into Britain?

13. blue-sophist

Oooh ... profound post :lol: :lol:

14. Broon plumbed the depths of political satire,while telling Karzai that NuLiabor 'would win' the next election.Why can he not stick to a non political line,when visiting our troops on operations? Then there's all this stuff about comparing our troops to Olympians.The whole visit seems to be a PR stunt,rather than any genuine effort to maintain morale(difficult when you are Nu Liabor anyway!)

15. The three men who were arrested for plotting to kill Gordon Brown, they should be in line for a knighthood at least. 8)