Bronze Star to Robert L Muckle

Hi Guys, thanks for looking.........

I recently picked up a Bronze Star named to Robert L Muckle, it looks to be old maybe WW2 or Korea. Can anyone suggest I way that I might be able to confirm where and for what he was awarded it?

I have a picture but the site won`t let me post it for some reason?

Ive tried googleing him but have had no joy, sorry.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
According to www.cwgc.org, nobody of that name has ever been buried by them:
Here are the results of your enquiry. There are 0 records which match your search criteria.

Select a name to see more details
No Surname Rank Service Date Of Death Age Regiment Nationality Grave/Memorial Ref. Cemetery/Memorial Name
Page 1

I`ve manged to find out this info.........

Robert L. Muckel (Army serial number: 33876554) enlisted on 7 Aug 1944. He was born in 1926 and was from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.

Sorry, I didn`t think about that. Yes its a US Bronze Star. Looks old, which would fit in with the WW2 theory, the above info confirms its WW2. I have another which is also named, from WW2. But there seems to be no hard and fast rules as to whether they come named or not. I believe its got something to do, with whether they were issued in the field or not.

Hi Guys, no I drawn a blank as any additional info in realtion to this soldier. A shame really, it seems that he`s just faded into history.