Bronco Systems Bronco II

Anyone bought it yet?

It looks quite tidy.

Single engine slow moving GSA. Maybe not. Probably OK for one or two other roles but getting in close to annoy armed loons or tooling about a long way from home with no redundancy re donks is not a good plan IMO.

Cheap way for third world nations to keep an eye on / batter uppity tribes / rebels / anyone wh threatens the current corrupt dictator?

Anyone bought it yet?...
No and I find the emphasis on US markets strange.

They've missed the USAF Light Attack Armed Recce (LAAR)/OA-X/AT-X (or whatever it's called today) deadline which has now been refined to the AT-6B Harvard II and A-29 Super Tucano. Meanwhile, the USAF have been allocated the cash to re-wing and extend some A-10Cs while only a handful of legacy OV-10s have been employed for very niche activity over Iraq. Indeed, I'm surprised Boeing have even allowed them to use the Bronco name given they've been marketing a proposal for a new-build OV-10X variant.

So which US service or agency do they expect to sell this to? The AT-6B, A-29 or OV-10X would be far better suited to US needs in my view. I can see this selling to some third world nations without the money or infrastructure for RPAS or an A-29 type capability. But that's about it.

It's also bloody ugly in my book!

Regards,
MM

What's with the pixellated camouflage? Is it more effective than the traditional counter-shading patterns of old?

The fella in the back seat seems to be bracing himself prior to pulling the black and yellow.

What's with the pixellated camouflage? Is it more effective than the traditional counter-shading patterns of old?...
There's a bit of a trend for it right now, although it hasn't been widely adopted. I'm sure that there's some science behind it but I'm not sure how effective it is.

Regards,
MM

What's with the pixellated camouflage? Is it more effective than the traditional counter-shading patterns of old?
It's digital, innit? Must be more modern. Nobody wants old fashioned analogue stuff any more.

The fella in the back seat seems to be bracing himself prior to pulling the black and yellow.
No black and yellow handle there by the look of it. Also looks like fixed gear. Company demonstrator more than likely.

Also, the Russian sounding bloke heading it all has been known to cosy up to the highly dodgy ruling regime in SA. This would ring warning bells in anyone with half a brain.

The whole Bronco thing sounds more like wishful thinking to me than an actual deal, particularly in light of the OV-10x.

Edited to add: I wouldn't want to be the one tooling around low level in that with people shooting at me. Another donk to get me somewhere they won't cut off my head if things go pear shaped would give me a much warmer feeling in the mudbox.

No and I find the emphasis on US markets strange.

So which US service or agency do they expect to sell this to? The AT-6B, A-29 or OV-10X would be far better suited to US needs in my view. I can see this selling to some third world nations without the money or infrastructure for RPAS or an A-29 type capability. But that's about it.

{snip}
Regards,
MM
The military pitch does seem strange given the project looks more Law Enforcement aimed. Then again paramilitary is how some US PDs roll.

Cheap alternative to a helo in urban environments without the versatility, I suppose. You gets what you pays for and that looks like a limited use toy for posers.

Doesn't look right and I doubt it flies right.