BROKEN COVENANT - Request from Observer journalist

Hello, I am a journalist writing for The Observer Magazine. A couple of charities helping veterans suggested I contact this site.

I am researching *snip*

Next time, ask first. Your colleagues working on similar stories should have been able to tell you that.

Cornholioed.

PTP

oldbaldy

LE
Observerjournalist said:
Hello, I am a journalist writing for The Observer Magazine. A couple of charities helping veterans suggested I contact this site.

I am researching the treatment given to returning veterans of Iraq and Aftghanistan suffering difficulties as a result of their experiences. This will form part of a lengthy article about veterans and will also look at what General Dannatt described as the Broken Covenant between the British public and its armed services. It will ask why we are not doing more to acknowledge the job done, and sacrifices made, by our armed servicemen and women.

If you have suffered post traumatic stress as a result of your experiences - and if you feel up to talking about it - would you please contact me at steveboggan@gmail.com. Please note that I will only interview if you feel it would help you or others - I do not want to add to any upset or suffering you may already have experienced.

Many thanks for your time, Steve.
A throwaway email address. You really don't have a clue do you?

A Steve Boggan may work for the Guardian/Observer but are you he?

Wishful_Thinking said:
Hmmmm He spelt everything correctly Oldbaldy...... could be kosher.
What? A journalist that has passed the 3r's? Highly unlikely!!

:p

*shrug* If he's kosher, why not? If he isn't, I will eat his children. :evil:

I just typed 'Steve Boggan' into Google and, as Old baldy says, there is someone of that name working for the Grauniad. But a throwaway email address is not the best way to approach members of this site.

Good point OB.

I was approached from "somebody" claiming to be from the BBC via this site. I checked their details against the BBC web site which appeared to be correct, however, when I asked for a point of contact within the BBC to authenticate them the communications stopped. They have not contacted me since.

Indeed a fishy tale, I agree with above........be careful troops.

Medders (ever the sceptical old git)

G

Green_Garfield

Wishful_Thinking said:
Nah he spelt afgan with a K
(notice how i don't wirte the full country name cos i don't know how to spell it, and i've been there :lol: )

Would that be the Observer/Guardian that reguarly extols in the noble virtue of slagging off British troops, making accusations of torture, pillage, murder against innocent Iraqi civilians?

Only by virtue of the paedophiles, estate agents, politcians and vampires already in the cue ahead, are you not daubed with the moniker of Ultimate Leech on Society.

Bagwell said:
Would that be the Observer/Guardian that reguarly extols in the noble virtue of slagging off British troops, making accusations of torture, pillage, murder against innocent Iraqi civilians?

Only by virtue of the paedophiles, estate agents, politcians and vampires already in the cue ahead, are you not daubed with the moniker of Ultimate Leech on Society.
You've not read either paper recently, have you?

What does a stick with which you play billiards have to do with anything, anyway?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Wishful_Thinking said:
qman said:
Wishful_Thinking said:
No he didn't!
Well spotted Q. My proof-reading skills have obviously slipped. :)
Don't work for the grauniad do you; and play pool?

Latest Threads