BROKEN COVENANT - Request from Observer journalist

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Observerjournalist, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I am a journalist writing for The Observer Magazine. A couple of charities helping veterans suggested I contact this site.

I am researching *snip*

Next time, ask first. Your colleagues working on similar stories should have been able to tell you that.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

A throwaway email address. You really don't have a clue do you?

A Steve Boggan may work for the Guardian/Observer but are you he?
  3. Hmmmm He spelt everything correctly Oldbaldy...... could be kosher.
  4. I'm not entirely sure what PTSD has to do with the broken covenant. Beware guys.
  5. What? A journalist that has passed the 3r's? Highly unlikely!!

6. *shrug* If he's kosher, why not? If he isn't, I will eat his children. :evil:
  7. I just typed 'Steve Boggan' into Google and, as Old baldy says, there is someone of that name working for the Grauniad. But a throwaway email address is not the best way to approach members of this site.

Good point OB.
  8. Why dont you give your observer e:mail address?
  9. I was approached from "somebody" claiming to be from the BBC via this site. I checked their details against the BBC web site which appeared to be correct, however, when I asked for a point of contact within the BBC to authenticate them the communications stopped. They have not contacted me since.

Indeed a fishy tale, I agree with careful troops.

Medders (ever the sceptical old git)
  10. It isn't called The Grauniad for nowt.
  11. PM me your telephone number at work. I'll authenticate and we'll go from there.
  12. Are you making an indecent proposal to me? :D
  13. Nah he spelt afgan with a K
    (notice how i don't wirte the full country name cos i don't know how to spell it, and i've been there :lol: )
  14. Moi? Only if the day has a Y in it RM 8O
  15. Hah! Like it Medium White. Let us know how you get on! :D