Broken Binoculars

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Vaughany, Aug 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommened some glue that doesn't flake as both the rubber eye protectors on my binos came off? Tried all the obvious but nothing seems to stay put.
  2. "3 Para Mortars potato water" - works every time, but can make the eyes sting a bit if you're a bit careless in its application.
  3. What sort of binos are they?
  4. A good Resin(waterproof and a bit of give) should sort it, as it will stick to rubber, metal or plastic
  5. They're Viking 8x25 Binos. Really fantastic but the eye pieces are a real let down.
  6. like this?

They look like the usual Chinese cr4p to me. I've not seen any good binoculars for that price.

Cyanoacrylate (superglue) should do the trick if the cups are a form of rubber. Won't work on some synthetics though. Be careful not to let any get on the lenses.

Alternatively, spend the £236 you're now saving by not buying a gucci bayonet, add another £50 and buy a pair of Swarovski compacts:

You'll get more use out of them than you will out of a large flashy knife. The image and low light performance will astonish you compared to the ones you've got too. Leave them at home during your initial training though.
  7. OK enough bone question slaggings. Those are the ones I use and they are extremely good quality. They just look cheap and need better glue.
  8. I think you would see the difference with a pair of Swarovskis, seriously. Anyway, I have just given you the answer you wanted and some advice on other makes. I've also suggested an alternative knife for you too if you look on your "bone question thread".

if you can't take a joke etc.... ;)
  9. Sorry...... :crying: I'm being a goon. Cheers
  10. Don't bring me down with you, I'm capable of doing that myself, thank you very much! :)
  11. OK I'm a little waltish cadet turd. How's that. :D
  12. Better, many thanks. ;)
  13. I agree, welsbourne market maybe???
  14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Damn, you beat me to the ID again :wink: