Broken Ankle on Exercise (TA)

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by CPOAAC, Jul 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am unable to work or attend TA after I broke my ankle in 3 places during a TA training exercise. I am finding it hard to pay the bills as I am used to monthly income from the TA and from fitness classes which I am no longer able to undertake for at least the next six months. Is this just tough luck or can the army help me and my family in any way?
  2. POOF! An ankle isn't properly broken until the blood comes out of all your laceholes......
    • Like Like x 2
  3. You're entitled to compensation under the AFCS, it's not quick though.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The army should be paying you your TA daily rate of pay until you are fit, IIRC
    • Like Like x 1
  5. You get compensation for breaking your ankle training in the British Army...I remmeber dislocating my knee cap in a karate class and I got told to get the **** up and walk it home.

It must be hard for you since you have alot of responsibilities, I am sure there are many "Claim to day no delay" companies out there.
  6. You should "remmeber" to **** right off you ******* ******!
  7. Your tumbled...******* clerks!
  8. I'm getting a slight feeling that you may not like Afghan_Kandak :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Keep your trap shut you gobshite limey ****** faggotron!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

At risk of stating the bleeding obvious this is one you need to take up with the chain of command ASAP. If you are having trouble paying bills then you might also try talking to SSAFA.
  12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Your first sentence increases my belief that you are a regualr arrser on a deep cover wind up. Otherwise, your opinion counts for nothing here, coward.

Guy in my company broke his leg just before xmas last year on a training weekend. Army paid his wages until he could return to work some 4 or 5 months later i think. He also got compensation, which went some way towards replacing the brand new lowas that were cut off by the medics...
    • Like Like x 1
  13. From you, words which I will always cherish, you failed suicide bummer!
  14. If you are short of some Spondulicks, both RU99 and me get paid every Friday,
    ask RU99 for a Tap, don't ask me, I'll just fcuk you off coz I'm a tight Twat.
  15. Definately worth contacting SSAFA, might be worth contacing the RBL as well.