Broadband TV Access

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Warrior-Webbing, Oct 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This might be useful for any of you, that would rather watch TV on your PC then via the telly.

Zattoo, is a download that is available for Windows (Vista / XP), Mac and Linux that allows you to watch TV on your PC. It works via P2P and is normally a few seconds behind sky (which is normally a few seconds behind).

The system requirements happen to be:-

P4 2.0 Ghz, 512 Ram, Vista and Broadband

WIN XP
    P3 1.5 Ghz, 512 MB, Win 2000 (SP3) or Win XP, DirectX 8.0 and Broadband

667 Mhz Power PC G4, 256 MB Ram, Mac OS 10.3.9, Broadband

Intel P3 1.5 Ghz, 512 MB, Broadband, OpenGL Video (recommended), with Debian Etch and Ubuntu 8.04 or 7.10 – others many be supported (don’t ask me I run Vista!)

Zattoo can be used in the following locations:-
    UK, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Spain and Switzerland.

In the UK you have access to the following channels:-BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News, BBC Parliament, CBBC. CBeebies, ITV1, HTV, Ulster TV, Channel 4, Channel 5, ABC News Now , Al Jazeera Arabic, AutoMoto TV, Bloomberg UK, Community Channel, Deutsche Welle, EuroNews, France 24 English, France 24 French, Information TV, Russia Today, SF info, STV,, TeleZuri, The Poker Channel and TV8 Mont-Blanc

Here is the link:-
  2. nice one works a treat :D
  3. Watching TV again?? Haven't you got studying to do!!!!???? :D
  4. cheers mate watching it now bloody good skills
  5. Thats ok, It means that you can watch normal TV while the other half watches Eastenders.
  6. Not available yet here in Luxembourg. Bugger!!
  7. The next version, should help out some of you from other areas, I don't yet know how good it will be......
  8. That's bloody marvelous, where did you find out about that?
  9. I thank you........
  10. Well the ZATTOO service I use all the time, the other one appeared in google!
  11. W W Thanks for that working fine for me so simple to get up and running.