Broadband Tax

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sid_Ruff, Nov 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this has been posted before. New law before the next election.

A controversial broadband tax should be law before the next election, according to Minister for Digital Britain Stephen Timms.

The 50 pence a month tax will apply to everyone with a fixed line telephone.

Speaking at a debate in London, Mr Timms said the tax will be presented to parliament as part of the Finance Bill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8270772.stm

2. Yes it has been done before, the link is 2 months old.

3. Bugger. Cheers Stacker!

4. I hope that on account of the shockingly slow connection I have courtesy of Bastard Telecom that I will receive a Broadband rebate.

Q

5. So you get taxed at source (PAYE), set up a BT/Virgin line, pay line rental which includes tax (VAT), then choose your B/Band supplier pay them including tax (VAT).

And now a 50p TAX on being able to access the internet. Still it will help pay back that 850 Billion Gordon's p1ssed up the wall wont it?

6. emmigration looks better and better every year!

last one out turn off the light

7. Well don't come to Finland. They are introducing a new Media tax, covers every household, cheaper than the present tv licence, but that is just for now, as per all taxes it will rise on a yearly basis.
    You even get whacked for it if you are still living in the stoneage with no modern gizmos.

8. feckin ridiculous. They will be taxing bread soon