brize norton railway?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by FlagHead, Jun 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. gents serious question: im due on R and R soon and need to know the closest railway station to Brize, no hire car and no rail warrent, nice one 16AA. any help will be much appreciated. flaghead

2. Bugger me I read the thread title and thought there was some more cutbacks coming. :D

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Q. Is there a bus service from Oxford Rail Station to RAF Brize Norton?

A. Bus services numbered X1, 100 and 200 regularly depart from Oxford (from Gloucester Green Bus Station or George Street outside Gloucester Green, depending on service / time of day), stopping by the entrance to RAF Brize Norton on request. Service 100 buses stop across the main road from Oxford Rail Station.

For contact information and links to Stagecoach Buses and the Traveline public transport information service ( which includes an on-line journey planner ) see Travelling to Us.

For contact information and links to Stagecoach Buses and the Traveline public transport information service ( which includes an on-line journey planner ) see Travelling to Us.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafbrizenorton/aboutus/traveltobrize.cfm

You can just pitch up and hire a car in the terminal though
    The bus to Oxford and Swindon used to stop outside the terminal at Brize and go direct to the stations
    I'm not sure about travelling on the bus or train in uniform is allowed

4. Plenty of cars for hire at Brize, there is a bus service into Oxford outside the main gate along the road a wee bit is the bus stop 400 metres or so.

If you do book a car at your own expense give them a wee ring a week before you want t so all you need to do is walk up with a reference number and they have the car keys ready for you.

If you are on ops, your unit should have transport arrangements for you. Even if it takes a wee reminder to your clerk, you are entitled to a rail warrant.