Brittish Lance Jack and Exploding Briefcase

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by GINandSHEARS, Sep 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just found THIS on the darwin awards webpage.

Wondering if anyone can confirm if this actualy happened or not (Wouldn't put it past you green slime :wink: ).

Moderators: feel free to move as i was unsure where to put this one
  2. Brittish?
  3. It would seem so... there are several clues in the text?
  4. pretty old one, been done on this forum before.
  5. GandS, that little video clip of yours has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen on this means.
    Respect :clap:
  6. IIRC also done in a Green Capri on the Castle Street car park.

The next day the sonorkell jacketed, Jason King-like driver was transformed into a very clean-shaven, and short-haired Captain of her Majesty's Royal Marines
  7. Bloody hell, there was another schnorkel-jacketed Jason King look-alike? I'm unhappy now. Gin and tonic.
  8. I Met a female very senior officer twenty years ago who said that she had had a similar thing happen to her when she was new in the army. The same lady one wonders?

9. Don't know about this one, but I know a story about an exploding wallet! :D
  10. Ahh the exploding wallet. He'll never that one down will he!
  11. I dont know if this incident occurred as described; however we did use these items in the early 80's.

I did once see a hole burnt through a portacabin floor where one ignited when the arming/safety pin was not inserted prior to opening the case.

Possibly the same incident?
  12. 1995 was the last time I remember one of these going off. Totaled the motaaa...