Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Moosaca, Jan 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I heard on the news this morning that they are planning to put Brits on the moon. Apart from being a complete waste of money (that we supposedly don't have), who would you like to see shot into space?
  2. No brits in person, unmanned missions only.

But now you mention it, the entire Cabinet?
  3. Seconded!

you got a link to that story?

Edited cos I'm a mong
  4. Brits on the moon ?

I wish they were...............this place is too crowded.................go up there and wave
  5. Is this to make way for the Bulgarians/Romanians?..what a good idea.
  6. Why would we want to send a probe to the moon when the Americans plan to send men back. They brought enough rock form the Apollo missions, what do we plan to discover that isn't already known?

I can see the scene now

"Geting towards the end of finacial year lads, we had better think of ways to spend the rest of the budget, any ideas?

Why dont we spen a massive amout of money sending a really expensive probe to a rock in space...."
  7. Well the reason we didn't go to the moon is because there is a distinct lack of olympic quality athletes and bar trained staff there, not to mention the complete ballsache of mining the natural resources there! Just couldn't be arrsed to be fair!
  8. Fraid I've got to take the opposing line on this one fellas. To me it's disgusting that we have one had one british astronaut who flew as a guest on a gimmick flight from the Russians, the other three British born astronauts had to become naturalised US citizens to fly. We are alone amoungst the major industrialised nations not to contribute towards manned flight. Personnally I would rather see a Brit up there and being proclaimed a hero rather than the hero-worship of a troop of baboon like non-discripts kicking a ball about.

There's plenty to find out up there, we've hardly scratched at it. We won't find out how to live and work up there without actually going and doing it. The two proposed unmanned probes are over the space of the next 10 years, hardly a massive funding effort on our part and again will only look at a few points.
  9. Bliar's been there for ages.
  10. Hoodies and their master, Cameron the Cack...
  11. had to become ?????

Lucky bastards !
  12. I thought Wallace and Gromit had already been to the Moon and returned with the cheese....

13. Brits on the moon? well I know plenty spacemen
  14. You mean that "Space 1999" wasn't a documentary?? Great tv, full of Brits in space.

But seriously I think it will be a good idea. For those who say it is too expensive just remember that the entire Apollo programme cost less than one years spending on the Vietnam War when it was in full flow. In 100 years time what will be considered more important?
  15. I remember being told, on a school museum visit- so it must be true, that for every dollar the US invested in NASA, they got $10 back. Plus a huge lead in aerospace engineering, computers and non- stick frying pans.
    If we stopped paying scroungers to watch sky TV for a year we could easily afford it.