Brits IED Vid IRAQ

Bad_Crow said:
My assumption is the spot the potential IED Move slightly off are already prepared and as soon as it goes off give them what for. If it is then... Yanks Watch and learn!

Anybodyelse agree.
If anyone could understand what you are trying to say Bad_Crow then just maybe someone would agree, I think you need to rephrase what you have written in order to make any sense, or maybe it is just me!

Gundulph said:
Bad_Crow said:
My assumption is the spot the potential IED Move slightly off are already prepared and as soon as it goes off give them what for. If it is then... Yanks Watch and learn!

Anybodyelse agree.
If anyone could understand what you are trying to say Bad_Crow then just maybe someone would agree, I think you need to rephrase what you have written in order to make any sense, or maybe it is just me!
No, its not just you.......

Fair do's! This call sign has just read what he typed and beasted himself accordingly.

My Version of events is.

PATROL Drives along the "M25"
Lead Vehicle Spots The VBIED as a threat Before detination
Rear Vehicle Braces up swerves left slightly and briefs the lads to prepare for a "Kamakaze"
BOOOOOOOOM!!!
Lads immediatley take the fight to the enemy!

Better

this was a security contractors vehicle. multinational team, 2 brits one aussie and one french if memory serves. it was claimed to have occurred in mosul. drills were excellent...there are longer versions of this on the net. watch it all. ive seen this vid used as part of a training package for 2MI Bn without the ogrish subtitle.

Yeah i'd like to see the longer version too. I found it whilst digging up material on the net for a Pre-tour briefing for some of our lads deploying next year!

military.com somewhere. ill have a look. ive also seen this posted somewhere else obscure, by one of the alleged occupants. but the music he overlaid on the full length version is rather gay.

wait out. i will have a look.

Bad_Crow said:
Fair do's! This call sign has just read what he typed and beasted himself accordingly.

My Version of events is.

PATROL Drives along the "M25"
Lead Vehicle Spots The VBIED as a threat Before detination
Rear Vehicle Braces up swerves left slightly and briefs the lads to prepare for a "Kamakaze"
BOOOOOOOOM!!!
Lads immediatley take the fight to the enemy!

Better
That is Muchos Better Bad_Crow, apologies for the pickiness of my post, but I really did not comprende first time around... Thanks, looks like they did very well, they must have had faith in their vehicles' armour to withstand a VBIED! I remember going out to an RUC Base in NI I think NewtonHamilton to isolate the mortar base plate, a parked snatch inside the barracks had over 50kg of ANS detonate by the front left wheel, the vehicle looked totally trashed but nothing at all had penetrated the inside, we had a lot of faith in those top heavy things after that!!!

No worries Gundulph. It was utter drivel. As are most of the words that leave my mouth. Them Snatches are good bits of kit. I still owe one a favour for keeping my best drinking buddy in one piece. Think I will give it an oil change and a new paint job if I ever see it again!

on its way...with a few more too. i have to upload a copy to a fileserver as military.com dont store it anymore, or i cant find it anyway.

it should be uploaded shortly.ODH

http://www.savefile.com/files/2979310

HOPE THIS WORKS FELLAS !

The thing to look out for in this vid...IMO...is that once the fan started to get hit by the smelly stuff, one guy in the back panicked, tried to debus in the kill zone...and the driver nearly stopped . The vehicle commander, shouted 'drive, drive, drive!' then debussed to return effective fire.

The camera was knocked over and records audio but no picture at a certain point. And as mentioned earlier the music is shocking. it was allegedly posted on a US site(link now lost) by one of the guys in the vehicle. it is supposed to have occurred in MOSUL in Jan 05. in the version ive uploaded you can see the damage to the vehicle afterwards(not fully uparmoured - maintaining a degree of speed and handling of vehicle).

also...http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?page=18&displayContent=51400

there are a few good ones on military.com but they also show you what not to do. like return fire in downtown baghdad, several blocks away from where an IED functions. there is no point shooting for the sake of it, or 'cos you are scared. the spams tend to let loose at everything...incl passers by.

Bad_Crow said:
Them Snatches are good bits of kit. I still owe one a favour for keeping my best drinking buddy in one piece. !
Unfortunately things have changed a bit recently. Snatch will not stop anything larger than a 7.62 short and offers as much protection against modern IEDs as a wet paper bag.

Use the vid as a training aid by all means- but careful about using it as an example of 'good drills'. After all, the vehicle was hit: the idea of good drills are that they help you avoid that situation.

DeadShag said:
Bad_Crow said:
Them Snatches are good bits of kit. I still owe one a favour for keeping my best drinking buddy in one piece. !
Unfortunately things have changed a bit recently. Snatch will not stop anything larger than a 7.62 short and offers as much protection against modern IEDs as a wet paper bag.
At least a wet paper bag doesn't fragment into hundreds of pieces of red-hot metal when you put a shaped-charge through it.

Unlike our poor septic friends, with the tons of ironwork on their Humvee. :(

Latest Threads