Brits armed with Colt Canada C8 in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fantassin, Oct 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any idea who those very public soldiers are ?

Edited for accuracy: not Colt M4 or HK 416 but Colt Canada C8 (Colt Canada being known as Diemaco until 2005...)

2. RMP Close Protection its an M4 you can tell they are CP guys becuase of the vest

3. They could be the RAF Police Tactical Provost Wing, they could be Garmsir airsoft walts.

On a forum like this such a speculative question, could only deserve a speculative answer.

4. S.F. me thinks fella.

5. Could be those C7 or C8 thingies that are not just issued to them (or so I've been told).

Edited to add, I was too slow posting and now we know.

6. What about those sideburns! ;)

7. Seeing as there's just the one of him and he's standing next to an american (are those ANA in the background?) I'd hazard a guess that he's attached to the Spams in some capacity and so is using their kit.

Might be wrong though.

8. The venue was the graduation of ANA Commandos from the Franco-American "Afghan Commando School".

9. This thread is dealing with the Diemaco (now Colt Canada BTW) which has been in British service for a while with UK SF; the above pictures seem different from the L119A1 SFW used by UK SF and from the C8 used by the PF.

10. They could be either RMP CP or SF unlikely to be the latter though purely for PERSEC reasons; they are extremely sensitive to 'facials' :oops:

11. Never mind the weapon, looks like the shades are spreading. :)

12. rmp cp surely.

well gay with the under armour top and the gloves

13. No Osprey???

he's got everything else!

14. its a yank walting. or a **** yalting.