Brits Are Going Nuts

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Jul 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Give us time.... we've only got use to the concept, took us years just to accept that whiplash is a real medical condition/word, let alone import the idea of falsified insurance accidents involving the injury from the USA.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Here's a global view of mental health from Wikipedia:
    Global mental health - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The numbers relate to " Age-standardised disability-adjusted life year (DALY) rates from Neuropsychiatric conditions by country (per 100,000 inhabitants)". In short, the more red the colour, the crazier are the people, and the more yellow the colour, the less crazy.

mentalmap.jpg

mentalkey.png

It looks the craziest people are the Americans, the Brazilians, the Argentinians (who would have guessed?), and the Chileans. Perhaps the Brazilians and the Chileans are being driven mad by being forced to live next door to the Argentinians.

In Europe, it looks like the French really are crazy (although not as crazy as the Americans), while the southern Europeans are care free and not at all worried about their future. The Russians look to be moody and perhaps suffering from drink.

In the far east, we can see that it's the South Koreans who look to be ready to go off the deep end, not the Northerners. Japan however seems to have not a worry in the world (or perhaps they're just inscrutable).

It's the Africans however that seem to prove the old adage that money won't buy you happiness.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Excellent!

4. Having been to Alaska a few years ago, I would have though it would have been coloured as red as a great big red thing covered in red paint and covered in red glitter. Other than the NT in Australia I have not seen such a selection of mentalists walking the streets unfettered.

They all seemed to take the 2nd Amendment to the max as well...as is their right JJH.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I might suggest that the numbers for the US reflect the fact that most people in the US have decent private healthcare that provides mental health services at no or minimal cost so many go get care because "my husband does not understand my needs" or "my coworkers are nasty" When Obummercare comes into full effect effect the numbers will drop. The mental health industry has gotten legislation that requires all insurance to cover lots of mental health care.

I should note that I am Septic and have never gone to a pshrink.
    (I thought about it once but the voices told me I didn't need to see a pshrink. I figured if I trusted the voices when they told me to buy more ammo I could trust them on this also. )

• Like Like x 6
  6. No data at all for Western Sahara, I see. Is that good or bad?

7. Australia looks suspiciously low, given their recent megalomaniacal attempts at world domination.

rudd_pm.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. I resent the implication that **** me the floor is dissolving. David Bowie? We're not in Kansas any more.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. Maybe that's the steadying influence of my consistent refusal to vote for ***** like Krudd (other politicians are available, see Terms and Conditions)

10. Either that, or DeltaDog has starting doing the TV captions for the BBC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Very good---still laughing.... Erm with you not at you! ;-)

12. The guy who is likely to be the next prime minister here (Canada) after the current government gets heaved out at the next election has just promised to legalize pot. Not my cup of tea personally, but I imagine its possible people may get a bit more mellow here after that.

13. Far out dude(said in a mellow, Devi-may-care tone and lexicon evocative of the late (19) 60's)

• Like Like x 1
  14. To head off any thread derailment, the "mellow" was intended as a joke (as was your reply), and I don't want to turn this thread into a (serious) debate about pot. I was thinking of the standard British jokes about the Dutch. As I said, it's not something that I care to indulge in personally, so I'm not going to defend smoking pot (or tobacco, for that matter), although I have an open mind about how to deal with the problems it presents in society.