Britons Not ready to drink less

BBC Link - Clicky Clicky

I do have to admit that this article put a grin on my face, any thoughts?

Theres no doubt we all drink like fish, but is it because we enjoy pushing ourselfs? Maybe this is the same mentality that enables our soldiers to be so good and professional? - the idea of pushing yourself/testing yourself comes naturally... who knows!

any thoughts?

Cheers……Hic

Work hard,Skive hard!!!!!
Besides,after you've been stuck in a 'dry' area for a while,I suppose you'd need a drink!!hic.....

braveheart said:
Theres no doubt we all drink like fish, but is it because we enjoy pushing ourselfs? Maybe this is the same mentality that enables our soldiers to be so good and professional? - the idea of pushing yourself/testing yourself comes naturally... who knows!

any thoughts?
It sounds daft but I've thought this before. It might well be the determination to take everything to the limit (drinking, sense of humour) that makes us good soldiers. Or, more likely, the other way around. It's a good excuse anyway :D

The BBC News said:
The government had hoped the introduction of 24-hour licensing laws would create a new drinking culture.
As for 24 hour drinking, all the clubs around here close at the same time. One or two stay open an extra hour. That's hardly going to create a new drinking culture.