British woman Anna Campbell killed fighting with Kurdish militia in Syria

Define "Left Wing" ? The Syrian Kurds are having a "Demcratic Confederalist" revolution which is probably best described as a form of anarcho-plebiscite populist democracy
What ever it is, it's a mong idea for UK citizens to go over there unauthorized and than get slotted and than their families expect to have the government go and and extract the rotting corpses when it doesn't go to plan

BLUF

The PKK is a proscribed organisation. So whether the left likes it or not, You're getting nicked if you take a gap year abroad with them.

As for Ocallan, you can see his face behind the counter at a lot of kebab shops. Whether they like him, or are trying to stop extortion by kurdish groups by showing out for the old country is another matter,

PKK Criminal Networks and Fronts in Europe

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The West seems to change their support to the Kurds on a weekly basis and depending upon whom then are attacking/defending themselves against.
Against Syria they are freedom fighters, in Iraq they become insurgents and if Turkey attacks they are terrorists.

Is it any wonder that they is a Kurdish saying " The Kurds have no friends but the Mountains"

Define "Left Wing" ? The Syrian Kurds are having a "Demcratic Confederalist" revolution which is probably best described as a form of anarcho-plebiscite populist democracy
My comment based on her obits placed in Guardian and DT, Kurdish political and social policy seemed to be in allignment with her political views. Obits make interesting reading.

I'd much rather see these people volunteering their time to work wth authorized NGO aka charities which distribute foreign aid in war zones such as the Red Cross or Red Crescent, much more nobler I would think and less painful unless they get taken hostage by militants?

No, it's because the PKK are a bunch of murdering terrorists (as I mentioned before - 40,000 people since 1984)
Yes the PKK are outlawed in Britain but let's not forget the "40,000 dead" figure isn't the death toll of those killed by the PKK . It's the total war dead of the on going Turkey-Kurdish conflict