Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

British woman Anna Campbell killed fighting with Kurdish militia in Syria

From BBC this morning. Killed by Turkish strike. First UK woman volunteer for Kurds killed, so more on the conversation women in the front line. Seems her motivation was rather left wing would fit into the International Brigade profile? I note the Peelers here are now taking action against those who volunteer for the Kurds, previously seen as on our side and with the good guys against ISIS. Is this change to placate the domestic Muslim population here or because Johny Turk has got involved? Interesting development as there appears to be a lot of support for the Kurds in London Town.

Briton killed fighting with Kurdish unit

Is this change to placate the domestic Muslim population here or because Johny Turk has got involved?

If the former, then it is a fail because the Kurds, too, are overwhelmingly Sunni Muslim. Nor are they our friends. They could more fairly be described as 'less of an enemy'.

Turkey's involvement is right at the bottom of the list of considerations.

If the former, then it is a fail because the Kurds, too, are overwhelmingly Sunni Muslim. Nor are they our friends. They could more fairly be described as 'less of an enemy'.

Turkey's involvement is right at the bottom of the list of considerations.

I see it more as all? UK volunteers for the Kurds seem to be non Muslim dare, I say native UK people. Those who go and fight for the Alans Snackbar groups are UK Muslim. So need to placate the Muslims who were, previously being lifted on their return to UK. From what I can see the motivation of Brits who go and fight for the Kurds is very varied.

From BBC this morning. Killed by Turkish strike. First UK woman volunteer for Kurds killed, so more on the conversation women in the front line. Seems her motivation was rather left wing would fit into the International Brigade profile? I note the Peelers here are now taking action against those who volunteer for the Kurds, previously seen as on our side and with the good guys against ISIS. Is this change to placate the domestic Muslim population here or because Johny Turk has got involved? Interesting development as there appears to be a lot of support for the Kurds in London Town.

Briton killed fighting with Kurdish unit

My Bold, I can't see why they're arresting those who fought for the Kurds but taking no action against the hundreds that have returned from fighting for ISIS.

I saw the Guardian dining out on this story and some other entities linked to left wing groups making a big thing about her death.

Don't seem to recall the same sort of eulogies or paying of respect for young troopers, guardsmen or privates from the same sources during the Herrick campaign. If anything, those sources were more on the side of the enemy and the Shyner lawyer types.

A positive ID of the character depicted on the badge she is wearing might give some small indication of her motives for being out there.

AC.jpg

It looks suspiciously like Joe Stalin, but could just as easily be a Kurdish warlord, or even a middle eastern cabaret singer.

A positive ID of the character depicted on the badge she is wearing might give some small indication of her motives for being out there.

View attachment 327046

It looks suspiciously like Joe Stalin, but could just as easily be a Kurdish warlord, or even a middle eastern cabaret singer.
It's an image of the imprisoned PKK leader Abdullah OCALAN, who has more than a passing resemblance to Uncle Joe. In many more ways than one.

She would have faced questioning and possible charges on terrorist-related offences if she had returned to the UK. It's not a policy change based on 'Muslamic' relations or any such nonsense - just a more stringent application of existing rules.

Oh, and the Guardian Article by that little Trot Owen Jones, made my blood-pressure to rise cartoon style. I have never read so much tosh in my life.

Kurdish Afrin is democratic and LGBT-friendly. Turkey is crushing it with Britain’s help | Discussion | The Guardian

Yep, the LGBTQI Bns of the PKK/YPG - what a load of unmitigated horsesh!t. All part of the western-targeted info ops campaign.

It's an image of the imprisoned PKK leader Abdullah OCALAN, who has more than a passing resemblance to Uncle Joe. In many more ways than one.

She would have faced questioning and possible charges on terrorist-related offences if she had returned to the UK. It's not a policy change based on 'Muslamic' relations or any such nonsense - just a more stringent application of existing rules.

Oh, and the Guardian Article by that little Trot Owen Jones, made my blood-pressure to rise cartoon style. I have never read so much tosh in my life.

Kurdish Afrin is democratic and LGBT-friendly. Turkey is crushing it with Britain’s help | Discussion | The Guardian

Yep, the LGBTQI Bns of the PKK/YPG - what a load of unmitigated horsesh!t. All part of the western-targeted info ops campaign.
Are those Brits who fight for the Kurds now considered a security risk in the UK then? still think the policy change is political. As previously stated motivation of those who fight for the Kurds seems very varied - watch this one though the left have found themselves a dead heroine, OMG refer myself for re-education, read hero person.